1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own/have owned several Series 1 Kimbers and none of them had what I would consider decent triggers. I know I am very particular about that and I also hear that many people are satisfied with the stock trigger.

Another thing all these guns had in common was that they were very accurate. With that in mind I decided to upgrade the fire control system.

I ordered and installed a Cylinder & Slide Ultra Match drop in 5 piece kit. It was remarkably easy to install the parts and now I have an extremely smooth and crisp 3 1/4 pound pull. What a difference!

When I compared the parts it was interesting to contrast the quality. Really it's not a fair comparison because I am comparing factory, mass produced parts to aftermarket specialty parts. Let's just say, to be kind, that the stock Kimber parts didn't fare well when compared, which is to be expected.

Anyway I'm delighted with the Kimber and the new fire control parts really enhance the accuracy in my hands. It was $150 well spent.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'm not surprised you found quality machined parts better than cast. I had the same experience with the Nowlin kit I put in another stock pistol several years ago.

-- Chuck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts