1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the current DWs have forged frames? I read on the forum that the Valor has a forged frame. What about others? I've done a few searches but haven't yet found the answer after sifting through a number of posts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, through 2009, the only DW with a forged frame is the Valor.
For "normal" use, there is probably little to no difference between the two (assuming a quality casting). There is probably some real benefit for the forged for the 0.1% that can take advantage. Heck even well done MIM parts are good for most of us.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Rest are cast.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I believe the CCO's aluminum frame is forged as well.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Well...the CCO's aluminum.

Older Patriots had forged frames (I think), and the only current model with a forged frame is the Valor.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
The CCO's aluminum frame is forged. Maybe Keith will chime in.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The only Pre-CZ guns to have forged frames were the full sizes Patriots and early RZ-10's.

Currently the only models to have forged frames are the Valor (steel) and the CCO Aluminum.

And there you have it. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!

The only Pre-CZ guns to have forged frames were the full sizes Patriots and early RZ-10's.

Currently the only models to have forged frames are the Valor (steel) and the CCO Aluminum.

And there you have it. :biglaugh:

Very complete, very definitive! Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
My Pre-CZ RZ 10 is a forged slide and frame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FYI - You probably already know, but just in case - Multiple Colts and Springfields for much less cost than any DW have forged frames if that is important to you. They trade the cost savings in other areas like machining, features, MIM parts, etc.. It depends where your interests lie. In a way, it's a bit fickel that DW is changing to all forged frames after taking the position that it really doesn't matter for so long. I'm still keeping my cast frame DWs though.

Which of the current DWs have forged frames? I read on the forum that the Valor has a forged frame. What about others? I've done a few searches but haven't yet found the answer after sifting through a number of posts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen... is it a new one 2010?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts