1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Premier II Super-Tac. Magnificent. Anyway, what are Les Baer's formal break-in rules? Should I run 500 rounds through the pistol right now? Or should I do the field strip, clean, and re-lube routine? Doesn't matter to me one way or the other -- I just want to know what Baer recommends. By the way, what kind of lube is on the Baer's from the factory? Is it CLP?

Thanks,

Ivanhoe

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wit,

Thanks for the links! And thanks for the congratulations. It certainly took me long enough to decide. Both you and Paladin had wanted to know what I would eventually purchase. I'll post a full review once I get the Super-Tac to the range. It was a tough call. Actually, the blued Premier II with the 1.5" guarantee was my second choice.

Thanks again,

Ivanhoe

·
Registered
48 Posts
I called Les Baer Custom to check on delivery of my Stinger and after receiving the answer asked the lady about break in lubrication. I removed the Break Free from the two previous Baer pistols and relubed with Tetra Gun. The lady said that removing the Break Free and relubing before break in was OK. She also said that only the Stainless Steel guns need to be broken in with the lube applied at Les Baer Custom. (You all know of the galling problem with stainless steel.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ivanhoe,

How is your SUper Tac holding up? Have you taken it to the range yet? If so, how about sharing your thoughts on its performance and appearance.

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jrd1911:
Ivanhoe,

How is your SUper Tac holding up? Have you taken it to the range yet? If so, how about sharing your thoughts on its performance and appearance.

John

John,

Check out my thoughts under the post "Premier II Super-Tac review."

Best,

Ivanhoe

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Galling is from lack of maintenance. It is the corroding effect on stainless. And it does'nt happen on a half as$ maintained gun of stainless. My reason for coming to the Les Baer site is. I don't own a Les Baer, but want one. I want the best target gun possible. And have heard great reviews on you're Les Baers. What is the gun you recommend? And why is it the gun of choice? I am Colt as a primary love, by the way. But am open minded to the great ones, such as the Les Baer 1911 based guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts