1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if it affects my little "city," but Fort Lauderdale is now locked down, effective 0001 Saturday morning. Under penalty of arrest.

Essential trips such as groceries, pharmacy, commute to/fro "essential" jobs is OK. Who knows about gun stores and liquor stores, they don't say things clearly in Ft. Lauderdale, everything's always nebulous and ill-defined.

My liquor store guy put in a doggy door to do businss through :biglaugh:

I'm already treating my little town as lockdown anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
A little late! They should have done that before the brats got there on Spring Break. The damage has already been done.....just wait for the tests to come back in a few weeks!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Ft liquordale is in Broward county. They tried to not include gun stores under the ‘essential’ category of businesses here in Palm Beach County. Deputies showed up to Delray Shooting Center and told them they had to close. He and his atty contested the order and Palm Beach County reversed their decision and added gun stores to the ‘essential’ category. We have statewide preemption here so while Ft Lauderdale cannot pass any laws restricting things and neither can the county it doesn’t stop individual stores from closing on their own. I doubt they would do that now as for them business is BOOMING literally.
Ft Lauderdale cannot force any gun store to close if they don’t want to.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Dunno if it affects my little "city," but Fort Lauderdale is now locked down, effective 0001 Saturday morning. Under penalty of arrest.

Essential trips such as groceries, pharmacy, commute to/fro "essential" jobs is OK. Who knows about gun stores and liquor stores, they don't say things clearly in Ft. Lauderdale, everything's always nebulous and ill-defined.

My liquor store guy put in a doggy door to do businss through :biglaugh:

I'm already treating my little town as lockdown anyway.
If this keeps up we may return to the days of speak easys. :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ft liquordale is in Broward county. They tried to not include gun stores under the ‘essential’ category of businesses.
Good to know they failed. GOod on Delray Shooting for standing up.

I'm starting to think this thing about Blue states / counties / cities trying to shutter gun shops is just a thing to deny them income.

I bet that's really the root of it. As always, money, dear boy.. money.

There will be a reckoning for all this. Guaranteed.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Good to know they failed. GOod on Delray Shooting for standing up.

I'm starting to think this thing about Blue states / counties / cities trying to shutter gun shops is just a thing to deny them income.

I bet that's really the root of it. As always, money, dear boy.. money.

There will be a reckoning for all this. Guaranteed.
I clarified and corrected my post. DSC is in PBC. But Broward tried to do the same thing. I don’t believe it’ll stick or that any gun stores will close.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Was just talking to a friend in Clearwater they said that Hillsborough County (Tampa) and Pinellas County (Clearwater) Florida just issued stay at home orders that go into effect at 2200 local 27 March.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Was just talking to a friend in Clearwater they said that Hillsborough County (Tampa) and Pinellas County (Clearwater) Florida just issued stay at home orders that go into effect at 2200 local 27 March.
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring😀

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring��
Very nice. I spent my Friday hanging drywall and that's the plan for tomorrow as well. Good luck with finishing the floor trim.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We only had 8 cases here in our county then when New York city area became new ground zero they rush and flocked into their and brought COVID19 with them. The Gov. shut down the board walk and beach to keep them away but damage had been done now we're up to 37 in a week after all those "Escape from New York".

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring😀
They may turn you around. Tell them you are buying re-bar to put over your windows. :biglaugh:

·
Banned
112 Posts
Just stay at home and not allow spread of this virus. It's no time to flaunt some juvenile display of going against the government you voted in.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Fort Lauderdale wait until they bring those ships in . Governor doing good job send them back to where they came from.

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
Fort Lauderdale wait until they bring those ships in . Governor doing good job send them back to where they came from.
There are 300 Americans among them. I am a humanitarian but I also don't think we should subject our local Florida ports to more potential cases and biohazard contamination, especially for those ships flagged under a foreign nation.

Send them to Gitmo Naval base if no one takes them, quarantine them and repatriate them, group by group, with all the necessary protection on cargo planes (in Quarantine) to their respective nations where the passengers are from.

Then make the cruise lines pay 100% for the cost. Those cruise lines were making tons of money, their profits soared in previous years and their ships have become towering behemoths. Most escaped US taxation by flagging their ships under flags of convenience like Liberia, Panama, Cyprus, etc.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Wow thanks for posting. Looks like the cruise lines was between a rock and a hard place. I wonder how accurate the numbers of sick are?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts