1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t know where this post belonged, but I suppose someone will edumacate [SIC] me if I got it wrong…

This year is off to a wonderful start and I hope it is for you all too. I am really glad to

1) have retired this year
2) gotten my CMP lotto 1911A1
3) stumbled onto this forum.

I’ve gotten a heap of questions about my 1911 answered here already. Tremendous help for someone burning 🔥 for information (I know, I know curiosity killed the cat but mine is truly a case of satisfaction brought him back!).

An unexpected benefit of joining as a member here came because of my posting pictures when asking about the provenance of my my military issue .45. In reviewing them after posting, I could clearly see what otherwise was a barely discernible (but significant) crack in one grip.

I emailed CMP asking if perhaps as a service grade purchase might they replace the grips?

Guess what… they responded to my email stating they were sending replacement grips straight away via next day mail. And they did !

Great service CMP! Great forum 1911!

Has anyone else got an unexpected benefit from becoming a member? I’d like to hear your story!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I for one will second your comments. I've received some really good info and really good advice from several here, dsk in particular. What's really cool is that answers to questions posted often include pictures of the subject posted by someone who owns an example of same. Pretty hard to beat that in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LDog, I’m glad you share my sentiments. A kindred spirit! These guys really do deserve a hand for their willingness to share their expertise and love of these 1911 firearms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The info and opinions I've received in my relatively short time here has been great. I have worked with M1 Carbines a lot, and a bit more with Garands but really didn't have much product knowledge of M1911/A1s...other than falling in love with them when I carried one in the Army...before we transitioned to the crappy M9. What I love most about the forum here is the lack of snarky comments. People offer advice and help without the drama or the denigration.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
one member received a new, built to his specification 1911 from one of the big name builders. the guys pooled together and bought him one. for me its just a great bunch of guys. a vast knowledge base on a lot of different subjects. lots of good advice. just don't ask about lubes...Please!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
check out 'army chief wisdom' on the wilson sub forum. its a sticky, and well worth the time spent to read it.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I've been here for just about 10 years now. Lots of great info and I have even met a few members in person. I am on some other forums but the bulk of my internet time is here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts