1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the Charles Daly room getting kind of slow? :] Also I have yet to see any enhanced models from Charles Daly, are the even importing them?

------------------
He who assails us does so without impunity.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was promised a new Enhanced to replace my problem compact model. Dealer sent FFL on Monday, so the gun should be on it's way this week. As soon as the dealer get's it and I go through the Maryland BS to get it. I'll report on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
As far as the fourum being slow....it seems to me that in the past most of the time people were in the C.D. forum to complain
about a problem they were having.
It's nice to see that most of the problems
have been taken care of for now.

I too am guilty of not writing about the
good range trips with my C.D.

Hopefully this means that everyone is happy
with their Chucks at this time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by Sniper_44:
As far as the fourum being slow....it seems to me that in the past most of the time people were in the C.D. forum to complain
about a problem they were having.
Hopefully this means that everyone is happy
with their Chucks at this time.
Guilty as well! My Chuck has been great since it returned from service. It's my favorite pistol, not that I have many.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to know we are all happy with our CD pistols.

------------------
He who assails us does so without impunity.

[This message has been edited by cwm1150 (edited 09-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cwm1150 (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
249 Posts
gunny and i communicated about this a few days ago, but thought i might stick it in here also. i'll reinterate what i said when i originally bought my fs model. mine is a shooter, and it is accurate. i had a problem with the factory "extended" extractor. replaced it with ed brown hardcore and fp stop and fp with wilson (wolff) fp spring and recoil spring. absolutely no problems. until last weekend had only used roundnose and silver tips in it. decided to see if it would shoot others.got a box of hi-shoks, hydra shocks, federal personal defense, winchester personal defense, and some more i don't remember right now. it ate them all without a hiccup or burp. with the new extractor, springs, etc. my cost in the gun is $385. it will shoot just as well as anyone elses factory gun and better than many 1911's. i like beating the crap out of the expensive guns. mcole

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got my CD Enhanced Compact back in April. Initially, I had a Field MS Model on layaway, but really wanted a compact. Luck had it that the day I went in to make final payment on the MS, that I mentioned something to the dealer, and he made a call to the distributor. They had ONE ECS, in blue, that could get within two days. It cost 40 bucks more than the Field MS, so I got the compact instead. I've been pleased so far.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey all,
Yeah, I am still here, mainly just lurking. I am also guilty of not posting range reports. Like MCOLE above, the only mechanical necessity I have changed on my CD FS is putting in an Ed Brown Hardcore extractor. The only thing other than that is a nice pair of wood grips.

I carry a Sig 220 on duty only because my dept. will not allow single action carry on duty. My Charles Daly is the only .45 I use in competition in both IDPA and USPSA. I am not the best shooter in my club, but I continually outscore other shooters using more expensive pistols. This includes the hi-cap STI's too.

My CD has well over 10K rounds through it. I change the recoil spring about every 2K and shok buff every 1K. I certainly think it could go longer w/o changes, but this is basically my only hobby next to hunting.

Where have Walking Point and James Beam been lately? I sure miss those guy's imput. I suppose they are like the rest of us and would rather shoot their Daly's than sit in front of the computer.

take care and good shootin', gf

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I'm guilty of shooting more than typing lately.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but beating folks who have expensive pistols reflects on the shooter more than the pistol. That's intneded as a compliment rather than a putdown on your CDs.

I've fired over 12,000 rounds through my EFS so far. I still haven't replaced anything more than the extractor and trigger, and both of those were due to personal preference. I'm even happy with the 4 factory magazines (an advantage to getting my original gun replaced).

·
Registered
249 Posts
i know, but there is still a certain satisfaction to it. what can i say. mcole

·
Registered
199 Posts
RugerP95,
Your Chuck is done...I still need to test fire it.

I just want to thank you,Bigfoot,and ,1/2r
for helping me with the newbie at the range on sunday.
We now have the start of a new safe shooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts