1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 500 bucks a decent deal for a matched frame and slide?

·
Registered
979 Posts
No,not if it is not "custom". I bought a Foster frame at Camp Perry for $132.00. It has the plunger tube cast into the frame. The regular frames were around $15.00 cheaper.
A standard Caspian slide is $279.00 IIRC. You could get by with $400.00
Of course there are unlimited options which would add to the costs but for a standard Gov't slide and frame that's a little spendy IMO.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,not if it is not "custom". I bought a Foster frame at Camp Perry for $132.00. It has the plunger tube cast into the frame. The regular frames were around $15.00 cheaper.
A standard Caspian slide is $279.00 IIRC. You could get by with $400.00
Of course there are unlimited options which would add to the costs but for a standard Gov't slide and frame that's a little spendy IMO.
Appreciate the input. That's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I now have built 5 Caspian 1911's. Couple Foster Frames,, all Caspian Slides.

Most recent was all Caspian slide / frame cost $900. BUT, I got every option, Fit Slide to Frame, #) LPI Strap Checker, Dehorned, Flat Top Slide, Novak Sight Cuts, Rail Treatment, Etc.

Also have bought slides and frames that I had to do all of the work / fitting, for around $400.

Might as well call Gary and get the options you want to match your skills to complete and options you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts