1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mine, but found this .40 on a local board for sale. Comes with 240rds of various factory ammo, 3 mags. How much is it worth with camo finish? If I were in the market for a .40 I'd have to factor the cost of a refinish...

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Looks like the realtree or mossy oak limited edition shown at the shot show one year. I think it was a marketing survey more than anything. When sportsmen did not take to it, they went to the digital camo for the soldier. If the box has the description of the camo on the end label, it may be worth a little more to some small group of persons over standard black epoxy. Worth less to many others including yourself. The caliber does raise the market somewhat due to it being discontinued in all finish types. Let us know if you get it and refinish.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Looks like the realtree or mossy oak
Actually, it looks just like something I saw in a men's room on the New Jersey Turnpike. :mummy:
Still, MPmax wants to refinish it, so the finish might be a bargaining chip to negotiate a lower price.
You could tell the guy, "Look Dude, I'm gonna have to spend a crap load of money on this thing before anybody can see me with it - so you gotta come down on the price some..."

The extra 3rd mag and the 240 rounds (strange number) of ammo are a plus, so I wouldn't expect him to discount it too much, unless he's already motivated by previous peer pressure and public ridicule. :)

Do you know the date code on it? I notice that it appears to have the new wider trigger.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No factory box, but a carbide die set comes with, all for $825. Since it's a factory finish, and somewhat rare (to somebody), I'm not interested in it. Heh-heh-heh....public ridicule!

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
You have to understand mr. Burgs. The idea of camouflage on hi power pistols just makes the hair stand up on the back of his head, gives him the sensation where it used to be. He is an older, traditional, conservative guy. That is why I do not see him saying "hey dude" to anyone in real life.:scratch:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't habla "dude", either.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I wouldn't buy it. The ammo being included might be worth it these days but it's never a good idea to buy something expensive and then try to pay even more to make it what you want. I learned this the hard way on a condo. Now it's been fun and I've learned a lot renovating the whole thing, but it hasn't been cost effective.

I HATE camo'ed guns. Chrome, 2-tone, blued (even that cheap blueing they did) for me all day, every day.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Keep in mind that the .40 variant is just going to get harder and harder to find...

I retch at the camo versions too but it is "fixable" if one desires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts