1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
you cant have car mounted weapons in CA, what state do you live in!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
nice, i almost did the same thing in my old ford pickup but i got to thinking about when i was in a crowded parking lot or something, open my door and the whole area can see my gun. food for thought.... i tuck mine under the seat and it stays put just fine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's a nice spot for it, secure and easy access. With those snaps it can be quickly removed when your ready to exit. I wish my truck had that setup.

RJM

·
Registered
405 Posts
nice, i almost did the same thing in my old ford pickup but i got to thinking about when i was in a crowded parking lot or something, open my door and the whole area can see my gun. food for thought.... i tuck mine under the seat and it stays put just fine.
The wife and I in the car and I had put mine under the seat. Well when we got home I had to get out of the car and reach under the seat to reach the pistol. I could see it now me with a finger up saying to the BG "be with you in a sec" while climbing out of the car and reaching under the seat. Last time I will do that.

My advice would be to figure out a way to cover it a little more while in the door, but make sure it is easy to get at and out if needed. Maybe a small towel or cloth would be simplest.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis. My last several cars were Crown Victorias. It works great in all of these cars to stick a 1911 Cmmander or S&W 3914 vertically between the individual front seats and lower the armrests to conceal the gun.

·
Banned
292 Posts
got a 92 Toyota 4X4 with the 60/40 bench you know the kind where the arm rest is cut into the back of the driver seat,thats where i keep mine i have to admit its not a 1911 i use for daily carry but my p2000 fits in there nice and handy

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
My daily driver is a Pontiac Vibe, I just slip my IWB holster between the right bolster and the center console, and I am armed in the blink of an eye...
My windows are tinted dark and it is an open carry state so between them two facts I'm good to go.

When I lived in California my local Leo said that I didn't deserve to be armed, concealed or otherwise, they also wouldn't allow me to have tinted windows, it's nice to be nanny-free.

·
Banned
292 Posts
DONT DESERVE TO BE ARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!he doesn't deserve to be a citizen much less a LEO,let him go join the red army with the rest of the commie scum

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Under the seat will get you jail time in SC. Even with a concealed carry
permit.

Joe

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Handy location and fine while you are driving. I do have some concerns.
1) What do you do when you get out of the car (at the gas station or at the mall, etc.)?
2) As mentioned previously, you open the door and everyone in eyesight of that door knows you are armed. Usually not a happy situation, especially during a traffic stop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the console on my camry will hold a commander a spare mag a mkIII can of punch and a set of asp cuffs (the pink or yellow ones) and the lid will still close. In my old jag, an 89 xjs, there is a leather map pocket on the side of the transmission which lined up about halfway between my righ knee and hip. add a cheap clip on left hand galco iwb and you have the perfect hideaway.

·
Registered
704 Posts
DONT DESERVE TO BE ARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!he doesn't deserve to be a citizen much less a LEO,let him go join the red army with the rest of the commie scum
Ooooooooookay? :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Handy location and fine while you are driving. I do have some concerns.
1) What do you do when you get out of the car (at the gas station or at the mall, etc.)?
2) As mentioned previously, you open the door and everyone in eyesight of that door knows you are armed. Usually not a happy situation, especially during a traffic stop.
The weapon is on my hip before the doors open...shocking...If it doesn't go in, off to the glove box it vanishes...This is only at gas stations...I carry "everywhere" else. As for traffic stops...The concealed carry permit makes its red carpet debut before a word leaves my food-hatch, upon which I kindly let the gentleman know exactly where my subway tunnel is hidden...I don't know about the majority of you fellas, but I've never been asked to exit the vee-hackle on a routine traffic stop...In Tejas anyway...Maybe I'm just lucky.

I too, as hard as it may seem, thought of this thankfully before anyone on here, or anywhere else, pointed it out first. It is warming however, to know people on here actually believe I haven't a brain. HA!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts