1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At sportingarms. 1of 4 in stock.
I'm thinkin of getting the ejection port lowered and a short trigger put on. I plan on shootin this.
Ya think I should send it to Colt to do the trigger and ejection port? Is it required? (for warranty reasons).

nice pix here-http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/c1179.htm

·
Administrator
72,393 Posts
Why on earth spend good $$$ on a limited-run collectible firearm, then modify it? :confused:

If the high ejection port bothers you, in all likelihood the tiny sights, smooth MS housing, long spur hammer and short grip safety are going to give you problems as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just received news from Sporting Arms that one was available with my name on it. I have been waiting since August! Should be a good companion to my WWII replica.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Consider this:

It's a limited edition. Mods will kill whatever value it has in the future.

You buy the WWI to get the WWI features...like a standard ejection port, flat uncheckered mainspring housing, etc.

Yeah, you get the Carbonia blueing, but the slide would have to be refinished anyway once the port was lowered, in all likelihood.

That equals more money...it will not be re-blued for free, especially Carbonia, even if Colt does the mods.

Personally, I think that buying a WWI repro with an eye on modding it is a Bad Idea.

My advice:
Buy a Series 70, current production. Mod it, then ship it off for the Carbonia blueing. It's current production, not limited, and will be cheaper than a WW1 to boot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx 4 replys

I've never had a colt with the long trigger. I'm sure I'll enjoy shootin this one as much as any other Colt. If lowering the ejection port means that the pistol will need another carbonia blue coat, I won't be doing that either. If you all think that this limited edition will be a in demand collectors item, then maybe I'll buy 2. Their cheap enough at that site that buying 2 (compared to the $1,200 some folks are gettin) would be like buy 1 get the other almost 1/2 price.

·
Registered
450 Posts
buying a WW1 replica THEN modifying is like buying a ferrari then replace engine with a Lamborghini:rolleyes: Highly unreasonable. If you want to build a custom 1911 the Colt 1991 or S70 reissue are the best plateforms to work on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The words of a heretic

I'm thinkin of getting the ejection port lowered and a short trigger put on. I plan on shootin this.
Our fine brother Kash is speaking the words of a heretic at the local revival. :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts