1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got talked into one of these today from crossbreed holsters.

the guy at the police supply store said they were very comfortable that he carries his full size wilson in it.

i put it on, and decided to try it, well i have had it on all day and i must say it secures very well, and is very comfortable!!!!

heres the link to the pick http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-78414283005952_1981_4796379

i checked out the website and they now have a lifetime warranty on them.

i hated paying 79 bucks for it, but after having it on all day with just a shirt over it, its worth the money and keeps the gun from digging in!!

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
461 Posts
CrossBreed makes very good IWB holsters. I have one of their IWB mag pouches and it works very well. Their prices are very good and their customer service is excellent. You done good!!! I actually prefer the similar but more expensive Comp-Tac MTAC but you pay a premium for the Cadillac and it's just a personal taste thing. Both are excellent choices. Congrats on the new holster!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have had mine for a couple of weeks & while it not much to look at, it's very comfortable & it's great for the application.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I've had 3 Crossbreeds, and now have 2 that get frequent use. I bought my first 2.5 years ago.

I received an MTAC today for a Commander.

The MTAC is prettier, with considerably better finish work. It is also thicker than the Crossbreed, and I don't think it helps anything. The base leather is thicker, and it also has another layer sewn on to cover the hardware connections to the kydex shell. It looks well designed and well crafted (perhaps overbuilt), as all CompTac stuff has been. The MTAC is just as comfortable as the Crossbreed holsters, as I expected.

If I have reason to buy another IWB I'll either try a VMII and see if it meets the hype, or get another Crossbreed.

Ben

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah...very nice! Very similar to the C-TAC, except mine is less "pretty" (no leather pad backing) and mine cants forward or backward. I was really resistant to the IWB carry idea until I tried it on. I have to admit I was surprised that they were priced so high, but if it works and it's comfortable, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this one can cant, which i also like, since im carrying a full size 1911, i need the butt to be at an up angle a little bit.

i have been using it since wednesday ( except when im on duty in uniform) and i must say it is very comfortable. i can only imagine how much more a lighter gun like a glock or xd would be in it.

russel
SDMF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts