1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

First off I'd like to thank "Voodoo" for helping me find a Delta Elite here in Ca. Now my question is where can I find the production date of this colt? The serial number is DG03211. Any help would be great. The guys said the gun is about 90% and it's listed at $1050. Sounds a little steap but this place like they're the "mark it high. Take off a few hundred" to make customer feel like they got a deal. Thanks for all the help.

Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gold Cup?

The DG prefix indicates Delta Gold Cup, these were released in 1989. A good estimate is that this a 92-93 manufacture. But I could be off a year.

A 90% condition is a little steep at that price, but some dealers are real straight ( conservative ) on their condition ratings. I would rather get a consevative rating on the condition than fluffed up expecting a 98-99% gun, and get a dog.

I wouldn't expect a lot of movement in the price if it is indeed a Delta Gold Cup they run a slight premium on these, and every Delta in California knows that if you don't want that Delta, 3 or 4 others do. I picked up one a few months ago when two walked into a shop I frequent, one was sold when I walked out the other lasted two more days and one of these was a Sunday and they were closed. They wouldn't budge a dime.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the # and all the feedback. I will continue my search and maybe be able to take a look at the above mentioned Delta "Gold Cup". Can somebody detail the differences between the Delta Elite and Delta Gold Cup.

Thanks again,
Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
last note

I didn't mention, I spent about 16 months actively searching to find a Delta in California, didn't check the northern part of the state. But I scoured S Cal pretty hard and checked regularly. Gun shows in S Cal are a joke and unless you are looking for every kind of junk but a gun are a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schromf,

I'm in Nor Cal and have been looking a little around here (between Fresno and Stockton). I've kept my eyes open for a while but have only begun to "search" for 3-4 weeks. i hope my quest isn't as long as yours (but then again the quest/search is a lot of fun if you find a nice little gem at the end).

Thanks again,
Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
did you look at the GC

Did you look at the GC? I would definately look at it and haggle with the guy over the price if it isn't right. Was it blue or Stainless?

Mine I had the choice of a blue or stainless, the blue was around 98%, and the stainless was a 95%. I bought the blue, as I am not a big fan of stainless and the blue was $50 cheaper in better condition. Kind of wish I had bought them both and if the stainless had been blue probabaly would have. Rumor was that it was a Colt collector cleaning out his safe of everything not 45ACP. He is supposed to have another, but I haven't seen it yet.

If it comes up I will PM you, ( if I don't beat you to it ), but I will be out of Cal for a month going home so it will be mid January.

I sent my Delta of to Ted Yost for trigger and ignition work, a new bushing, and Heinie sights. Only been a week and I miss it already. It shoot pretty tight groups bone stock but I think it can be improved upon, my best was a clip on about 1/2 of a business card @ 15 yds which is one of the best groups I think I ever got with a "stock" Colt, but needed sight adjustment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
schromf,

I haven't seen the Delta in person. I'm in Modesto and the gun is in So Cal. I called and spoke to the guy. He grabbed the gun and described it to me including the serial #. I feel like a dumba$$ but the only thing (I know it's a major one) I didn't ask was the finish, blue or stainless. I may be able to take a look at it over the holiday.

Let me know if you hear of the other "collector" going up for sale.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts