1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, help. I found a Hi Power, made in '69, one owner, and it looks brand new. The finish is so deep black, it's incredible. Pachmayer wrap grip. Local shop, with taxes etc, it's $608 out the door. Should I? Or is that price out of line?

Mikey

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Is this a "T" series serial #? If so, the price isn't out of line. Does it come with the original Browning pistol rug also? You should ask for this. If it does, I'd jump on it! Hi Powers are great and that one will be a real "keeper".

------------------
Byron Simpson

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a T... 69C56xx... now what?

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. As these nice, older guns are getting harder to find each passing year and with current production levels of newer guns down by past standards, if I didn't have a HP and really wanted one, I'd buy it. While some might truly and correctly state that it's too high or just right, I think that if you want the gun and can afford to spend the money for it, jump while you can.

Best.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Buy it. Guys around here are asking ridiculous prices for older Hi Powers, and I suspect that it will not get any better.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's on layaway. I couldn't let it go. I've never fired one, but everyone tells me it'll be my favorite. Besides, after the gun show here in Nashville this weekend, that price seems like a bona fide bargain.

Thanks, Mikey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts