1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the wife a Franchi Affinity Compact 20ga the other day and read that they can pack a little kick. I am trying to find a new butt pad for it, but have been unable to locate one so far. Was wondering if anyone else has this gun and has replaced butt pad before. If so what did you use and how did you do it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have had her shooting a Remington youth model 870 20ga, but she just doesn't look comfortable shooting it. I'm hoping the Franchi will work better, but I don't want it to kick the snot out of her the first time she shoots it and then be afraid to shoot it again.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Youth models are hard to shoot for many folks. First, generally the guns don't fit the adult shooter. Also, because the gun is smaller, you have a reduction in mass. The more mass in the gun, the less felt recoil. If the Franchi fits her reasonably well and has a new recoil pad on it, let there shoot it for a bit before you decide to change the recoil pad. Most 20 gauge shotguns come with a recoil pad that is a bit thinner than 1 inch. If you decide to change the recoil pad, go with the 1 inch pad, provided it will still fit your wife.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
Coincidentally, I was just on the phone with my youngest son, offering to bring my Remmy 1100 Special Field up for his wife to use shooting skeet.

If that Franchi is gas-operated (I'm not going to Google it), then I'd opine that it probably won't kick much. The really old Franchis were not gas operated, and the barrel retracted for cycling, making for a pretty sharp pulse.

The 1100 I mentioned is really soft-shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts