1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that sells the frangible bullets for reloading? Also, I am going to buy a reloader for reloading my practice ammo. How about some opinions from everyone? I have it narrowed down to Dillion Square B or a Lee reloader. I will be primarily reloading one or 2 pistol calibers. Thanks!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I make Glaser type safety slugs. Frangible jacket, shot, blue tip. I make them in the original 145 gr weight and heavier 185 gr weight (Intended for 45 Super / 460 Rowland.)

I also make a variation of them capped with a 00 Buckshot instead of a blue plastic ball, to increase weight to around 225 gr.

Of course I only have the tooling to make them in .451

E-Mail me if you're interested in trying some.

------------------
"Always place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark"
Lazarus Long

·
Registered
841 Posts
The Dillon Square Deal B is not a bad press if all you want to do is load for just a few pistol calibers. The RL 550B by Dillon is more versital in that you can reload for rifle cartridges as well, but is manually indexed as opposed to the auto indexing of the Square Deal B. Getting a used one at a good price is a plus as well, especially since they are covered by Dillon's lifetime warranty........one that's actually honored. Good luck and safe reloading to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I started with progressive presses about 3 years ago, stupid to wait this long. The first one is an RCBS; better than a single stage but sensitive to settings and dirt ( after 3 or 400 rounds, expect problems until cleaned ). The primer feed is kind of chicken s*** too. Bought a Square B about four months ago, best thing going since smokeless powder! If I can con my brother into buying the RCBS, I will get another Dillon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts