1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .41 cal Colt Combat Commander Model that was customized by Frank J Paris. I did some research to learn that he was local (I’m from MI) and did great work. I’m curious as to if this gun is rare. I’d never heard of a semi auto .41 pistol. It’s in great shape

· Registered
7 Posts
It is probably a .41 Avenger. J.D. Jones of SSK Industries developed it in the early 1980s. It uses either .45 ACP or .451 Detonics Magnum brass necked down to use projectiles for the .41 Magnum.

Paris was reportedly a big fan of the cartridge. One of his most famous customers was Ted Nugent.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds right. Is there anything special about it? I haven’t shot it, though it’s been fired before. I planned to sell, if I can replace it with a daily carry & fetch a profit.

· Registered
7 Posts
You could have a .45 ACP barrel fitted, and have a dual caliber set-up. Outside of Frank Paris, I don't think that the .41 Avenger was terribly popular. Did you get the loading dies with the pistol? Also, without pictures, we can't determine how much work Paris put into it other than rebarreling it.

· Registered
SPP forever!
3,730 Posts

Pretty neat: like a 400CB, only in 41! The 41A neck is longer, reducing the case-volume.

· Premium Member
12,097 Posts
Yes, there wasn't much available in commercial 0.400" projectiles back when J.D. Jones developed the .41 Avenger. The Colt Delta Elite wasn't out yet either.
@Daniel E Watters Dude, I thought you had disappeared off the face of the earth. First posts of yours that I've seen on any website in about 2 years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts