1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 3 rounds inro my range session today (everything laid out perfectly, magazines stacked up & loaded, cool breeze blowing, no one at the range but me), when I'm suddenly grouping off to the left. I looked at my TRP (with it's tritium front sight, placed there by IWI no more than 200 rounds ago), and lo and behold, it's about to come off! Talk about raining on my parade.... So, I guess I'm taking it back manana, but what was the cause of this, most likely? Thanks in advance, geegee.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't think you can peen a night sight, cause the tube might break, so your left with red lock tight. but that should hold. i think,
but i am no expert.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Not to roast IWI but I have had sight jobs done by them and when they came back you could thumb out the sight.

If you use a smooth jaw vice and a business card (to protect the finish) you can litely pean across the dovetail point, and as Joe says use red locktite to keep it there. the problem is it cost to ship stuff and if you can clean up there work (which you should not have to ) it will be quicker and cheaper.

geo ><>

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had similar experience. Funny how long you'll shift the gun around looking for the front sight before you relize its not there!
It was not cheap to have it done either. I removed the sights myself and replaced them with standard ones.
Kind of yanks your chain when you pay big bucks for a job and the thing falls apart.
Live and learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts