1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down to the final touches for my build. I sighted it in using just a blank MGW blade, and found I need a .200 tall front.

Question is should I go with the standard .125 wide or a narrow .100? This is a range/IDPA gun, not a carry weapon. Rear is a Champion adjustable, with the serrated face. Right now the blank blade is .125 and theirs just a hair of space on either side. I'm thinking a narrower blade with more light on either side would be quicker at closer ranges.

Suggestions Please.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Ditto. I probably have the same exact front site as Gswear on my USPSA signle stack gun. Neat thing about the fiber optic is, you can make the dot bigger or smaller to suit with a bic lighter when you install the F.O. tube.

·
Super Moderator
14,943 Posts
With a non-f.o. front sight I like plenty of light on both sides for more accurate sight alignment. My front sights are .100".

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I was sighting it in and later testing some ammo in a Glock with Hennie sights. The difference in sight picture was HUGE.

The bullseye shooters I know all have very narrow rear notches on their sights, like mine now. I'm told this makes for a more precise sight picture, but for up close and fast......

I'll look again at that Dawson fo .100 front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts