1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently got my springer back from factory for repair, they changed, extractor, front site to optical, parked it, tighted the slide, not full slide/frame fit (just to rattle less). i tested it at indoor range all mags worked no FTE issues, thats what she went back for. shot 50 rounds

today went to shoot some plates. about 100 rounds in i get FTRB. approx .125 or less

RO suggested and lubed her up and woked for 20 +- rounds then she FTRB again.

most mags were loaded with 5 rounds only, for plate rack at range.

i can boost back of slide and it will go to battery

she will go into battery with out cartridge.

she feels a little stiff cycling her with out cart but a little lube fixed that.

tried heavier spring and still ftrb

round drops easily and fully into naked barrel, i also noticed that round in chamber has some play to it. how much is acceptable?

upon closer inspection it appears that fps "clocks" if you will, it definitely has some play in it, looking from rear it rotates a small but visible amount, which leads me to belive that extractor will clock?? is this the problem? if so why only at 150+ rounds?

if it is an extractor clocking issue causing ftrb can some one explain please.

im assuming i need a new fps. will springfield armory warranty this part or am i on my own? if im on my own what fps do you suggest. the one in it has radius

also since it was at springfield armory for a new extractor shouldn't they have noticed the loose fps?

any suggestions.

oh yeah im shooting range relaods.

thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Sounds like a tight extractor or it could be the clocking. I would check the extractor tension first... If you need a new FPS you might as well get the EGW oversized and put a slight bevel on it as indicated in the many threads covering that subject.

H

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
checking tension with cartridge in field stripped slide, shake

it takes a firm tap or 2 into opposing hand to dislodge.

is this too tight, extractor tension???

shouldn't factory warranty repair technician check these things before going out? id hate to have to send it back again.

re: reloads no ftrb for 350 rounds but will check specs later today

2 fps on order

1 - 4 of 4 Posts