1911Forum banner

Full auto

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  gyp_c 
#1 ·
I was watching a clip about the LA riots, scary stuff but in one of the scenes they
talked about the only people that could defend themselves were gun owners , (big suprise)well in one of the scenes they show a shop owner firing full auto at looters, I thought about that and in that situation the guy couldn't get into
trouble but what would happen if he did get caught possesing a full auto. I would amagine the cops would nail him just for possesing one?

#2 ·
Originally posted by Greg1911:
I was watching a clip about the LA riots,
That's MAGAZINE, not CLIP! Hehehe just kiddin'.

scary stuff but in one of the scenes they
talked about the only people that could defend themselves were gun owners , (big suprise)well in one of the scenes they show a shop owner firing full auto at looters, I thought about that and in that situation the guy couldn't get into
trouble but what would happen if he did get caught possesing a full auto. I would amagine the cops would nail him just for possesing one?
I don't know what would happen. I heard that the cops came and took some of their guns, then the Koreans went back in the basement, grabbed more guns and kept fighting!

I was 12 years old back then, and lived on the other side of LA. I had a lot of Korean friends who took the bus to my school. Man they were tough bastards!!! I don't know anyone personally who was there (I assume my friends stayed home) but man, they don't take no crap from nobody! Of course, I live on the solidly liberal area that says "just give them what they want".

#3 ·
It is not illegal to posses a full auto firearm if you have the appropriate ATF tax stamp for that firearm. The cost of the tax stamp is $200, obatining it can be a little more expensive.

The use of the gun in the situation you describe may not be the right thing to do either, it depends on the law and how much force you may use to protect your property in the state you live in. I have no idea what the laws are in California, but I will bet they are not shooter/gun friendly.

#5 ·
First of all I was there as part of a mutual aid team. Next, no one in law enforcement took guns from store owners. The owners were within their legal rights in that deadly force may be employed to prevent looting and riot in California; there is no difference between LE or citizens when it comes down to that right under the law.

As far as full auto goes I did not personally see any full auto employed. In California possession of full auto weapons, except in extremely limited situations, is not allowed. It does not matter if you try to pay the ATF tax or not, California law will not allow it.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Greg1911:
I heard if you get caught with full auto it is a 20 year sentence?
Not hardly Greg. You can commit murder here in California and end up with only Double Secret Probation, let alone 20 years. I would say that the most you would get for a first time offense with no prior criminal history would be a misdemeanor conviction with summary probation.

#8 ·
Thats all you would get for possesing a full auto? I know what you are talking about I was watching a news show a while back where they said some guy was in prison for a twenty year sentence but got out after 8 and now guess what he killed some more people who would have guessed.
How about all the people who own "assualt weapons" and didn't register them? what would be the punishment for that?

#9 ·
Originally posted by Patrickl:
First of all I was there as part of a mutual aid team. Next, no one in law enforcement took guns from store owners.
Hi Patrick!

I wasn't sure about my information, I just heard it from some cop who may have been joking to get his point across (them Koreans are tough bastards!!)

Which mutual aid team did you come down as? I hope my folks either move or get a gun before the next set of riots...seems to be one every 30 years or so!!

#10 ·
Originally posted by Skunkabilly:
Hi Patrick!

I wasn't sure about my information, I just heard it from some cop who may have been joking to get his point across (them Koreans are tough bastards!!)

Which mutual aid team did you come down as? I hope my folks either move or get a gun before the next set of riots...seems to be one every 30 years or so!!
I have nothing but the greatest respect for the Korean storeowners and their response to the riots. Yes, you are very correct they are EXTREMELY tough people and I would not want to fight against them in a war.

We came down as a large contingent from NORCAL.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Patrickl:
I have nothing but the greatest respect for the Korean storeowners and their response to the riots. Yes, you are very correct they are EXTREMELY tough people and I would not want to fight against them in a war.

We came down as a large contingent from NORCAL.

Were you down here as police or National Guard? (I know you're a cop, but not sure if you were also NG). What's Delta House?

#13 ·
Were you down here as police or National Guard? (I know you're a cop, but not sure if you were also NG). What's Delta House?
I came down as a mutual aid team in my police role, although I was still in the Army Reserves.

Delta House was the fraternity house from the movie “Animal House.” When I told Greg that you might end up with double secret probation for possession of a fully automatic weapon, “double secret probation” was a line from that movie. In the movie “Animal House,” the Delta’s were such a rebellious and troublesome fraternity for the University the Dean placed them on the dreaded, double secret probation.

We Northern California coppers have picked up the line and use it sarcastically to mean that nothing is going to happen to the scumbag we just booked in the county hotel. I will say, “yeah he’s gonna get double secret probation for sure.” Another cop will pick up on the straight line and say, “Oh, crap you mean he will really have to obey the law this time or else!!!!” I will then reply in the most solemn and grave tone of voice I can muster and say, “yeah, poor slob, I would hate to be in his shoes.”

DH is obviously a person, who like myself, appreciates the finer and more intellectually stimulating movies produced by Hollywood and immediately picked up on the line.

#15 ·
Hi Patrick, I think I'll rent the movie this weekend
Ah, another person of the finest discriminating taste. I don’t drink, but I understand that viewing the movie while imbibing an early 70’s vintage Coors or even perhaps an early pull-tab Budweiser, will increase your viewing pleasure immeasurably. Of course it goes without saying that if you have a 50’s can of Carlin’s Black Label and a church key you have reached the pinnacle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.