1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order some goodies from Brownells and was wondering if any of the full length guide rod assemblies for the colt officers acp would work on my P-12.
Anyone know for sure?

Oh, and which would be the best all around Wolff recoil spring the 22# or the 24#?

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,483 Posts
I've yet to figure out the reason for a full lenth rod in a M1911 type pistol. Standard spring and rod work pefectly and allow a press check of the chamber.

From reading I get the impression that reliability is lower with a full length rod -- in the M1911. I expect those with scientific data will pop in here. ;) I pulled the one from my P14-45.

-- Chuck

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Reliability doesn't change. It just may not improve with a FLGR. But it shouldn't diminish, either!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if they are any better or worse but I like the one in my full size colt because it helps keep the spring in place when you remove the slide and its been in there fpr at least 5 years with no problems. I have already had the para spring go flying across the room when the slide was removed. Other than that I really dont know why I like them. I just like tinkering with these things......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts