·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Springfield 1911 Full Size Load 9MM

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a loaded 9mm, it is a very good gun for me so far, has not had any problems, but I have only got about 4-500 rounds through it. I will be glad to answer any more specific questions if I can. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have about 800 rounds through mine and it seems to run fine most of the time. It ocassionally will bind up (about 5 times now), locking the slide back and it's difficult to get it back in battery :confused:. I haven't been able to track down exactly what's going on, because each time it happened, I was in a competition. It's still a lot of fun to shoot. I recommend it for a range gun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do the fullsize SS 9mm 1911's have a ramped barrel? I haven't been getting a consistent answer from anyone. What do you guys have?

Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
DomariNolo said:
Do the fullsize SS 9mm 1911's have a ramped barrel? I haven't been getting a consistent answer from anyone. What do you guys have?

Thanks

Mine has a ramped barrell, but the reason you can't get a straight answer is because they made both.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ditto what Bullitt says re:Accuracy.

Mine "strung" badly. (up and down)

I had tweaked trigger to 3.5lbs, and lapped the slide/frame, and later "peened" them to tighten it up some more.
Tried various Match grade factory and reloaded ammo. Different bushing, fitted a Kings NM S/S bushing...................

No Joy !!!

I asked Dave Williams with cthe ustom shop about it. He said it was "Nominal" accuracy for a OTC gun/barrel (over the counter- I won it in a league competition).

Ditto re: both ramped and unramped barrels.
Both are equally reliable and accurate (or inaccurate).

The reliability issue in feeding is a function of the magazines. With good mags, all mine worked well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Springfield makes the 9mm with both the ramped and non-ramped barrel. They have the same order number. However, the one with the adjustable target sights comes with the non-ramped barrel and the one with fixed sights comes with the ramped barrel. The one with the non-ramped barrel will not consistently feed well. I have sent mine back to have the ramped barrel installed. A friend did the same thing. As a side note, the Kimber 9mm comes with a ramped barrel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ramped v. Unramped

I can imagine that the unramped 9mm guns don't run well. The stock 1911 feedramp isn't designed for 9mm ammo and I doubt SA re-designed their frames with an integeral 9mm ramp. I think I'd want the ramped barrel (its for a 9x23 conversion anyway).

I thought Springfield stopped making the fixed sight version and now only made the target sight gun. Why must they make things so hard...

:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts