1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew the specs on the parts that come on the Full Size loaded.

The FFL who I bought the gun through said it had Wilson Combat parts (hammer, sear, sear spring, alu. trigger) and it had polished feed ramp, and some other goodies.

I was wondering if anyone knew all the features? As it's not listed on the website.:cool:

·
Registered
21,913 Posts
I don't think SA is using Wilson parts, they look considerably rougher and different in detail.

I guess you could look at the feed ramp and see if it were shiny.
Mine wasn't... but it is now.

·
Registered
793 Posts
They use Wilson thumb safeties on some models.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MoNkEyTurbo said:
I was wondering if anyone knew the specs on the parts that come on the Full Size loaded.

The FFL who I bought the gun through said it had Wilson Combat parts (hammer, sear, sear spring, alu. trigger) and it had polished feed ramp, and some other goodies.

I was wondering if anyone knew all the features? As it's not listed on the website.:cool:

He was probably just trying to make a sale. From the factory, all of the loaded parts are MIM. Unless this is a used gun, and the prior owner swaped all of the parts out, he is full of it.:mummy:

For sure, the stock sear is NOT wilson combat. The MIM stock sear on my loaded looked nothing like the Wilson A-2 sear(stock SA was dark metal with a visible part line, the wilson was bare metal and very well finished) I replaced it with, nor did the MIM "delta hammer" look like any Wilson commander hammer I have ever seen.

Of course, it could be Wilson "value-line" parts, which are MIM, so they really are not an improvement over the stock SA parts. Even then, the value-line hammer looks nothing like the delta hammer.

It all rests on if you were sold a NIB Loaded, or a used one that has had some improvements done to it as all bets are off and it could have anything done to it:p

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Springfield has their own supplier of sears and hammers. The beavertail is S&A and uses a .250 radius cut on the frame - different from almost every other manufacturer which uses a .220 radius cut - or it's the other way around - I can't remember.

I'm certain there isn't a Wilson part on Springfield Loaded models. Now maybe on some of the higher end models like the TGO's or the PRO, but that's it AFAIK.

·
Registered
58 Posts
JiminCA said:
Springfield has their own supplier of sears and hammers. The beavertail is S&A and uses a .250 radius cut on the frame - different from almost every other manufacturer which uses a .220 radius cut - or it's the other way around - I can't remember.

I'm certain there isn't a Wilson part on Springfield Loaded models. Now maybe on some of the higher end models like the TGO's or the PRO, but that's it AFAIK.
Yep, you have it mixed up. SA uses the .220, and everyone else uses .250:mummy:

I love it how manufactureres like to do stupid stuff like that. Its just like having a 9mm/.38 FP in all of their guns(Even then, its not a standard 9mm FP, but a special SA version). I dont know WHY they went .220, as it would seem to cost more to use non-standard parts, and I doubt it is cheaper to cut it .220 than .250. Sometimes companies do the darndest things:scratch:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
And you can't go back to .250 without welding..... So you can't just slap in a Wilson or something without major cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts