1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear some feedback from those of you that have the match pistols. What is different about them compared to the standard tac 45 other than sights and grips?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
They seem to put out batch of them now and then.
They are supposed to be more hand fitting - i.e. Barrel, and bushing.
I have never seen one in person, so I can't tell you anything beyoun that.

There was someone posting about Match model that he bought not too long ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought one a couple months ago. Excellent fit between barrel, slide, and frame. Decent accuracy; probably on par with Springfield Armory's Range Officer. Mine is in the shop at present. Having Ed Brown beavertail, tactical safety, main spring housing and long trigger fitted and installed. Stock RIA beavertail was poorly fitted and I didn't care for the stock ambi safety (too obtrusive). The stock RIA mainspring housing was made out of some synthetic material (perhaps nylon). Have also replaced the front fiber optic sight with a standard black, ramp. Unless you really want a RIA with adjustable sights, I'd go with the full size tactical which is one heck of a bargain considering the way it is outfitted. I did notice the Davidson's Gun Genie currently has 62 of the RIA Match .45s available for sale. Just my two cent's worth. YMMV.
RIA Match .45 001.jpg
RIA Match .45 004.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
I picked up a Match new in box from a friend in 2011. I ran it for two years in IDPA. Other than adding better stocks and grip tape on the front strap, I didn't change a thing. Tight? Oh yeah. I still have to tap the barrel busing out. Accurate? Oh yeah again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts