1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever build a Fusion from one of their kits? If so, how were the out of box fit, problems, and would you be willing to do it again?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I built a stainless CCO from one of their kits. besides their frame, slide and barrel, I used a number of their smaller parts, along with small parts from other manufacturers (like a trigger group from C&S). As with any 1911, most of the small parts required some fitting.
The final result however, works like a charm.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I just ordered one of the Fusion Government kits in 9mm for a buddy. I am helping him build it. I have 3 other Freedom series 1911 Fusions and love them. This is my first kit. I'll post how it goes together.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm seriously considering doing the same thing. Please keep us posted as you progress through it. Good luck

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I built a 9mm longslide last year and couldn’t be happier, I used their “match grade” barrel along with a number of egw parts and the gun is just very accurate, way more than I can show.

On fitment, it wasn’t hard but it didn’t just fall together either, you can’t just pull it out of the box, throw it together and go to the range but i’d definitely like to build another. The people at fusion are easy to work with and very willing to help, highly recommended!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bit more research, a little bit of shopping, maybe a little bit more shopping lol and I think I will more than likely go this route. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not sure if this will help but I’ve installed 2 of their umg barrels and a number of triggers and a few other small parts. All were high quality and just oversized enough to need some fitting. They all work great.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking at it like this: a full kit build won't break the bank and actually the learning aspect to me will be priceless. Just a couple years before I plan to retire so if I don't find something to do I'm not sure who will go crazy first, me or the wife lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts