1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By customer request, For you S&W Revolver shooters, We have just started packaging the LPA TXT series of Adjustable sights for the S&W revolvers with the Black serrated adjustable rear sight and Fiber optic front sights combination. These are available in 2 styles, with the pin on style front sight (P/N TXT0407-F2) or the Screw retention style(P/N TXT0407-F2). Extra fiber rod is included in each set so you can change from red or green fiber optic front rods. More new products coming…. Stay tuned and thank for all the outstanding support!!

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
All of us revolver junkies THANK YOU! Nice big flat rear blade. A very nice sight setup. Never understood why almost no one offered better sights for the S&W revos all these years. Keep those good ideas coming.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just installed a set of these. They have good adjustments and I can see the sights very well with my Old tired eyes. Thanks to Fusion

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bob, do you have the version with the fiber optic rear sight? 18 year old me fell in love with the idea of a S&W sight on a 1911 after reading an article about Bob Day. 35 years later 53 year old me realized that he can't see S&W sights like he used to. :mad: One of these with the fiber optics coupled with a dovetailed fiber optic front sight might just be the ticket! Bright enough to see but still having a bit of that retro look I am after. :)

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we do have the full fiber optic sets. See our website and just search S&W. These have been big sellers for us. fusionfirearms.com Folks really seem to like the fiber optic, especially for tired eyes or fast acquisition sighting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes we do have the full fiber optic sets. See our website and just search S&W. These have been big sellers for us. fusionfirearms.com Folks really seem to like the fiber optic, especially for tired eyes or fast acquisition sighting.
Thanks, not sure how I missed them before. :eek: Looks like the one I would want (the one with the interchangeable front blade) is out of stock, but that's ok. It will give me some time to sell something to replenish my Fun Money. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Bob, I'm getting my hopes up for a retro 1911, but do you install these or factory S&W K Frame Sights on 1911s?
Have you looked into how S&W sights are installed? For those that haven't the process is typically:

Drift out the rear sight and cut it in 2, then re install it so it fills the dovetail to the curve of the slide. A little gap in the middle is ok, that gets milled out for the S&W sight leaf.

Mill the top of the sight off a little above the slide then drill a couple of 1/16" ish holes so you can blind pin the rear sight before you spot weld it.

Spot weld it (bet you didn't see that coming. ;) )

File the sight to match the slide profile.

Mill the slot for the sight leaf. Mill across the rear of the slide for the sight body. Mill a "T" slot for the adjustment screw. Drill and tap for the leaf screws.

So no small undertaking, although it would be easier to start with a slide with no rear sight cut. I think some 'smiths use a sight blank instead of cutting the sight in 2.

As for the LPA sight I have no idea how well the radius of the sight will match the top of a 1911. My best guess is "not very well." :bawling: And I haven't seen it, but I would bet there is a rib running down the underside that is supposed to go into the grove on the top strap of a S&W revolver. . . so more mill work.

And then the front sight. :scratch: Old school was something like a Dan Wesson front sight or something custom made silver soldered to the slide, but the LPA sight is going sit a lot higher than a properly installed S&W sight, so I think it will need a S&W front sight base for the removable sight blades. Brownells and a couple other places have them, but until you get the rear sight mounted there is not really a good way to figure out how high the front sight will need to be. My fingers and toe's crossed hope is that the base and the LPA front sight will be the correct height, or just the tiniest bit tall so that I can get away with a shallow mill cut that the sight base would fit in.

Full disclosure: I am not a gunsmith or a machinist. Just somebody that has spent years wanting a Bob Day, Jim Clark or Armand Swenson gun and realizing I could never afford one. But I do work in a small machine shop, and my job is to make everyone else's job easier (you have bad news for the boss, cool, tell me and I will take care of it for you. :dope: ) and we have a couple very good machinist that help me with anything more complicated than a file.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we can do installation of any of the sights we sell, you can email us through the website for details or if you have questions.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I put a set of these on my S&W revolver and there is a huge sighting different in a positive way. I can see the sights much better with the new LPA sights I installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts