1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw a pic Bob posted a while back of frames and slides being made on CNC machines at Fusion. Does anyone remember were it is as I can not find it.
The reason I ask is there is a discussion elsewhere that says Fusion doesn't make there own and they are STI. Just trying to clear things up.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that was it. Thank you very much. I thought there was a slide being milled too, but couldn't find that one either.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Was this it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
That thread does not say they are being made by Fusion though in their shop.

Fusion does indeed use STI frames and slides for their builds. Whether or not they do it on ALL their models I do not know, but they are DEFINITELY using STI frames and slides on some models, Bob told me directly as such.

They might do some of the machining for checkering or slide serrations, but they are doing it to STI parts.

I know for a fact the Scout and wide bodies are definitely STI. The pro series I do not know for sure.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, the Scout is just a Trojan frame and slide. The high capacity guns are also STI frames for sure, probably slides as well.

Not sure about the pro series, though with the relationship with STI, why bother with anything else, they make great parts and there really isnt any reason not to use them.

STIll made in USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts