1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the quality of Fusion parts? I am looking to customize and have seen the fusion line alot. If you have used a fusion part please comment.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I've ordered a stainless ring hammer form Fusion and it was very nice. Crisp and well finished. Joe

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Glad you asked that, nightguy. Giving away my lack of experience here (as if anyone here questioned that anyway!), but I had not even heard of Fusion until fairly recently, and I noticed some interesting stuff when I visited their website. Had been wondering what folks thought of their offerings.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have built two of their kit guns and used fusion parts exclusively on them. They look to be STI parts that are rebadged. Seem to be of very good quality. Fusion firearms was sarted by the former owner of Dan Wesson firearms after CZ bought him out. Bob Serva is a stand-up guy and the parts carry a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Bob was CEO but I don't think he had any ownership.

I will say he (personally) will make sure orders are taken care of. He shipped me some stuff and his shipping people inverted 2 numbers on my zip, which was also a valid zip for the area so my order went back and forth between 2 USPS sort hubs locally 24 times in 10 days. He stayed with me as USPS tried to sort things out and finally got it delivered.

As for the parts, I bought a SS arched MSH and a punch kit. The punch kit is nice, and was priced really well compared to big box stores punches that aren't as appropriate for gun smithing. However I'm not real happy with the MSH. The finish is dull, like the color of lead, and the checkering as I counted, is more like 15-18 lpi and not real uniform. The finish alone has me not wanting to use it on my Kimber but my Kimber won't be back to me to compare the finish for about another week, so I'll hold off on making that call. When I get my Kimber back, it'll also have 30lpi checkering on the front strap so I may have to look at a wedge MSH vs. arched since the more expensive SS checkered MSH's I've seen are wedge, not arched.

Price was certainly a lot lower than others, and Bob includes a heavier mainspring in the MSH kit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
parts.parts

I ordered a extractor for my 1911 SA Mil spec required tuning @ fitting it it works o.k.with a life time warranty
I tried a week ago to fit a Wilson extractor and had no luck
I find some parts no matter who makes them will sometime fit and work and other times just can't it to work.
My SA seem to hate Wilson parts I also tried there sear and sear spring again it was a no go: Chip mccormick sear and hammer was excellent and cylinder and slide sear spring work for me.
I think it hit or miss I tried a chip Mccormick mag; in the gun turn out was it did not work as well as the stock mag: that came with the gun
I find buying from brownells or midway it the return shipping for credit if the part will not work.
I don't know about small dealers and there return policy

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
First rate customer service

The only thing I've bought from Fusion so far is grips. But.....

I needed a truly remarkable set of smooth cocobolo grips to go with a stainless Series 70 that Bob Rodgers is going to build someday for me (hopefully, this will be in advance of my death).

I got in communication with Bob, he sent me pictures of several sets from which to choose, and a few days later I had a spectacularly figured set of grips for my Colt. He was so great that I bought a second set for another gun I already have.

My experience with Bob is that he's a true gentleman, and a man of integrity, committed to exceptional customer service.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Can't say enough about Fusion

I tend to stay with good service. The parts that I've purchased from Fusion have all been great. Little fitting on the trigger kit (minimal polishing) as with all "drop in" parts, well, pretty much drop in. Slide stop was perfect. I've used other parts from other manufacturers and Fusion is amongst the best. A big plus is you get to deal with the boss himself......Can't go wrong. :rock:

Best regards,
Joseph

P.S. The pricing is a big plus also for the quality you'll get!:rock:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have recently finished a gun and used mostly fusion parts and they are great Bob was also very good to work with and went out of his way a couple of times to get parts to me that had been lost in usps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts