1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to order a Bagmaster bag. Maybe some IPSC targets & target stands.

I keep eying the Beretta CX-4 Storm or the Mech-Tech 1911 carbine.

The new Beretta Stampede looks awfully cool, but I've already got a Ruger NM Blackhawk so it's hard to justify another single-action revolver.

I keep looking at an STI Trojan or Rangemaster in 9mm, but there again I've already got a BHP so it's hard to justify.

What are you planning as your next purchase?

Mike

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been thinking about either a gun-safe, or a nice display-case / rack.

Not quite sure where I'd put a safe though, and display-cases are hard to find these days.

Mike

·
Registered
282 Posts
Right at the moment I'm taken with Colt Special Combat Governments. I've never cared for two-tone guns before so this is a first :)

There was a quick mention a few months back that Colt might introduce a 10mm variant of the SCG in '04 or so. That's the next planned purchase should it be produced.

Otherwise I'm kinda nosing around for a revolver. I was hot on the DW 460/7460 but I've wanted a Python for about 20yrs now and they're not getting cheaper so if one crosses my path at the right time it'll be mine.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I could use a new safe, too.
My next purchase should get here tomorrow afternoon :) Hopefully the Kimber Custom Compact will fill my need for a gun that'll fit in my belt pack.
Beyond that, I only have one plan. and there's a lot of ifs in it. IF the Marines get around to finalizing the MEU(SOC) 2.0, and IF the company that gets the contract decides to celebrate by releasing a replica to the public (i.e. the SA Pro Model), I plan to buy one.
Another plan, which may be more or less distant depending on how much the Corps procrastinates, is my plan to have a .308 AR-10 built to M4 carbine specs (apart from the chambering, obviously) but that's only IF the ban sunsets.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My next purchase will be a .45 caliber. I like the Colt Defender Plus but I'm also checking other Manufacturers.

·
Registered
427 Posts
One of the Arcus 94 SA Hi-Power clones, sometime in January.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I never know what i am going to buy next. They just grab me by the neck, choke me into submission and make me take them home........... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, I'm sure I'll end up with some of those too.

I have a tab at a local gun shop.

It's dangerous to be me.

·
Banned
597 Posts
I'd like to find a Series I Kimber Custom. Unfortunately I don't think they're worth more than $500-$550, but many on Gunbroker seem to disagree. So I guess I'm relegated to combing the local gunshops and pawnshops & seeing what I can come up with.
Failing that, I may just end up with a Rock River Arms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts