1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a table at the Rochester NY gunshow selling "G.I." 7rnd. mags still in brown paper pouches for $8.00 ea. The claim was that they're made by a gov't. contractor to mil. spec. I was wondering what to look for physically on the mag to support this claim. I did handle a few and they seem well made, the next time they're in town I wanted to stock up- Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
There are a ton of mags being offered as new, in the wrapper USGI but they never were accepted as they were/are out of spec.

At the risk of being called a Search Nazi, the question has been asked before. A careful search will bring up a number of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a ton of mags being offered as new, in the wrapper USGI but they never were accepted as they were/are out of spec.

At the risk of being called a Search Nazi, the question has been asked before. A careful search will bring up a number of threads on the subject.
Thanks for the heads up and search I will:)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have hundreds of those mags, except I bought them for my Beretta M9's. They are made by Checkmate industries back in June of 1996. They are perfect for range use. I have prob near 170 without any problems from any of them. I'm hoping to pick up a few this weekend at the Hampton gun show for my 1911's just to try them out since all the mags I have for my 1911's are the Wilson 47D's and McCormick powermags, and Novack. I still have a batch of the Old stainless Pachymyr made magazines from the late 80's. I love em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts