1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GA IDPA Championship is less than 2 weeks away. It will be at South River Gun Club. I will be a CSO. Who's coming?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I'll be there but I must say that after shooting with Claude today, I'm not sure how much fun it will be. He seemed to get a devilish gleam in his eye whenever we tried a scenario out that gave us both fits. I'd bet on fair but tough.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll be there, wheelgun in hand. Any chance you'll lose your Mountain Gun, so I'll have a skight chance of being competetive in the SS class? :p

Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blinder:
There will be a lot of tough, precision shots. Better not choke that trigger, and hope that chicken gun runs.
Steve:
You don't have to worry about me, I won't be using the MG. Watch out of Mikey and his gamer gun (610).

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
I will be there with my "gamer gun". I hope the multiple projectile bullets are OK to use. One shot = two holes. The new hydraulic holster is working well along with the "Mag Reel". Ricky T, when do we get to meet your new 14yr. old bride you picked up in Ala.?

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoeD:
shhhhhh, don't say that so loud.

------------------
Ray Charles

·
Registered
610 Posts
RT,
I almost bought one of those 610 gamer guns but, I would have had to get it cut down, (it was a 6") and done some other work to it. Being the poor fella I am, I made the command decision to continue using my M10 with the "gamer" grips on it. I might be able to get another IDPA legal 686 though.
As far as competing againt Mike, well, I have a long way to go before I could ever give him anything to worry about.

Joe,
I heard she was 12.....
)

Steve

------------------
"Not having thought what should have been thought, not having said what should have been said, not doing what should have been done, I beg thee forgive me, O Father." paraphrase from the 13th Warrior

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SteveW:
It's not Mike Benedict, he's the Mikey from Tennessee, where the legal age is 13.

------------------
Ray Charles

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah Ricky...it's ONLY Mikey...NOT Mike Benedict - sheesh
I know I'm not in the same class but you don't have to rub it in! I've only been shooting revolver for four weeks, what do you expect! Oh, by the way, let me apologize again for a$$whoopin' in Alabama - I just got lucky, that's all
If you were shooting revo in GA we could see if my luck would still hold.

Only Elvis and Jerry Lee can get away with those 13 year old brides in Tennessee. The rest of us have to wait 'till they're 15 - that's what Uncle Daddy always said

Mikey

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mike, Mikey, what's the difference?
I'm no threat to anyone... You might want to shoot on the same squad as me, if you are looking for some entertainment. hehehe

Steve

P.S. 13 in Tennessee huh? Boy, they re getting progressive up there. (just kidding)

------------------
"Not having thought what should have been thought, not having said what should have been said, not doing what should have been done, I beg thee forgive me, O Father." paraphrase from the 13th Warrior

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are no squadding, it's a shotgun start, FYI.

------------------
Ray Charles

·
Registered
605 Posts
Shotgun start?!

Hot dog! I didn't know about using my shotgun. I guess that revolver will stay in the bag after all.

I'll be behind you, Steve. I'm classified MM with my new revolver. Still trying to figure out how the darn thing works. Five years of IDPA with semi-autos didn't prepare me for the revo! I'll be shooting with the SO's so my score will already be "in the books" for you guys to take pot-shots. Good luck.

Mikey

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Mikey:

I'll be behind you, Steve. I'm classified MM with my new revolver.

Mikey
SANDBAGGER !

------------------
Ray Charles

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Mikey is not sandbagging, seriously. He still has problems remembering how the thing works.
At the AL match, he had a missfire, practice told him to drop the mag, and he tried to. It took him a couple of seconds to realize that a magazine was not going to fall out and he did not have one either.
I think he will get a lot better when he learns to count. Now yall quit picking on him.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
605 Posts
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

Those tap/rack drills ain't worth a crap with a wheelgun! I'm still trying to figure out how to top one off...lets see...6+1...hmmmm...where can I put that extra round?

Mikey

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mikey,
Don't feel bad, the only reason I managed to screw up and make SS in wheelguns is cuz I never was any good at those tap-rack-bang drills. At the last classifier, I shot the M10 one day, the 1911 the next, and only shot about 3 seconds faster with the 1911.
BTW, if you sould sneak it past to IDPA officials, you could vet a 686+ and get your 6+1 round count

Of course, knowint RT, he'll be checking my gear really close, now that I've come out in the open with my secret. hehehe

Steve

------------------

G

·
I will be there with my chicken gun. I just hope to keep em on the paper.

------------------
NRA Life Member

The important things are always simple.....The simple things are always hard.....Front site..Front site...Front site.

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6 days left for all you gamers to get your practice in.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Rut roh... We are supposed to practice?

Steve

------------------

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SteveW:
You have to practice getting the gun BACK into that cheap holster.

------------------
Ray Charles

1 - 20 of 44 Posts