1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed to the range today to sight-in two rifles and decided to wear my Kimber Classic Custom. While going through the holster box, for whatever reason, the Matrix attracted my attention. I've never worn the M7X before and it had been sitting in my holster box for about a year after a friend had given it to me. I put it on my Sam Andrews 1.5" belt and wore it around the house a bit to see how it felt. It seemed decent enough so off I went to the range.

Overall I spent about 6 hours wearing the holster today. It included some time in the car, walking around in the heat/humidity, some draws at the range, and then I left it on for a bit when I got home.

While I'm a leather-holster guy, this little holster is impressive. The retention is quite firm, which is desirable for an open-bottom holster. Drawing takes definite effort, but not so much that it interferes with the draw stroke. It locks itself nicely to my belt and does not slide forward or back. It keeps the heavy 5" steel gun tucked very tightly against my waist. No doubt the quality belt helped with this. Finally, the sight track is plenty generous.

For the brief initial test, there were no problems. My chief concern is the rivet construction so time will tell if that is an issue. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this little rig.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spent a few more hours at the range today and have much of the same to report. This seems to be a viable, affordable holster.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I bought one of these because I was curious and it was cheap...works darn good. Had to quit using it as a FS slide was getting scratched by the rivet in my jeans, it was held so tightly against my body. I was afraid my Commander might get scratched by it when I'm moving from seated to standing, so it's in the drawer.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since it holds the gun so tightly against the body, I could see that happening. I have continued to wear it periodically and I'm still a fan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have one and it's actually one of my favorite holsters for the 1911. It's quick to put on and take off and for me, when worn at 4-5 o'clock, holds the pistol very close to my body and conceals very, very well. The Kydex will scratch bluing or parkerizing, but for $30, it's probably the best holster bargain on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts