1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Miami Classic for my P30. I don't really need to carry 45 rounds around...
Has anybody tried the off-side tie down they have for it? Does it make it feel incredibly off-sided, or does the tie down take care of that?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've got both side tiedowns.Sometimes I use them and sometimes not. It's not so much for evening out weight as it is to keep the pistol and mag pouches from flapping around. If I'm wearing winter clothes with heavier weight overshirt or jacket I don't think they are essential. In more moderate or summer weather I wear a light weight chambray overshirt. The tie downs keep the holster and mags in closer to the body and don't print so much with body movements.Just my take on it but you need to do what makes you comfortable. Nick

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm talking about the off-side tie-down that replaces the mag carrier, not the ones that tie down the holster and mag carrier to your belt.

·
Registered
731 Posts
With any of the "X-style" harnesses the off-side tie-down can help considerably in preventing shifting of the harness due to weight distribution.

Harness design, weight distribution, and shifting of the rig have always been the major challenges in shoulder holster design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts