61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
1998 Kimber Classic Custom for IDPA CDP

·
Registered
740 Posts
My first strictly competition pistol. New to this and just trying to get started. CK Arms Thunder Limited 9mm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ruger 1911 bone stock nothing has been done except shoot .midway 2 piece belt and I dont remember the holster maker or mag carriers . I just started shooting uspsa at the rip old age of 57 years old and having a blast.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Blast from the Past, Clark Pin Master

Here is an old Clark Pin Master, I recently acquired. A guy at work said he had a chance to buy a Colt Gold Cup and wanted to know what it was worth, and I told him I really needed to see it.

When he showed it to me, it slowly dawned on me, that I seemed be holding a Clark Pin Master. The slide says Colt series 80 Gold Cup and also National Match, but that is probably the only Colt part. It has a Bomar adjustible rear sight, a Clark Barrel and Comp, a Springfield Armory frame. Well, I forgot the grips do have a Cold medallion in them. I think it has an old Swenson stainless beavertail grip safety.

The gun is fitted pretty tight, very tight lock up, and has a very very light trigger, but I shot it several times and the hammer doesn't follow, so its a very good trigger job, and hammer has been bobbed, and thinned which to me, is unusual but I haven't seen many Clark Pin Masters. I say Clark Pin Master on the left side of the gun.

It has a very light recoil spring, but doesn't seem to hammer when shooting factory hardball, tonight. It's also very light in recoil and very accurate, even though I believe it has been shot a lot, but they were built to be shot a lot.

It's a keeper.

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Lots of nice guns pictured here. For me its IDPA with a Sig STX stock everything plus Chip McCormick mags. Paul Tripoli holster.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,221 Posts
A buddy's Kimber used for USPSA Single Stack; my old custom Caspian, in semi-retirement from Limited 10; and a hi-cap Springfield .45 that I never warmed to.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
ruger 1911 bone stock nothing has been done except shoot .midway 2 piece belt and I dont remember the holster maker or mag carriers . I just started shooting uspsa at the rip old age of 57 years old and having a blast.
Not even close to old!! I started shooting matches last year and feel like one of the young'ns out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a shot of my first 1911. It's a Norinco that I did some work on for IPSC. I've only shot a couple matches, but looking forward to getting out more in the future. It's one of the no markings ones we got in Canada a few years ago.

Aside from frame, slide, and barrel, there's not a lot of Norinco left in it. It was my first gunsmithing project, and I did all the work myself, including parkerizing it in a homebrew solution.
Kristian

·
Registered
31 Posts
SASS "Wild Bunch" 1911. Traditional gun, Taylor's Tactical, with Hogue grips. It's all about reliability, so far, after 2 years, this one's been 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
My .40 for USPSA Limited. Built it myself from STI frame, Fusion slide, and Nowlin barrel. I also finished it in Cerakote (Satin Mag)

Runs 100% but IMO that's due mostly to tuning the mags using Dawson's kit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My IDPA rev gun. S&W m10, chamfered and polished charge holes, recut the forcing cone to 18* and milled of the front sight to dove tail in a FO for these old eyes.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 98 Posts