1911Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
This is what shotgunners call a "game gun", meaning it's used to take game birds. It's a 1926-7 Ithaca NID Grade 3E (ejector) 20ga with a factory single selective trigger. All original grade 3 engraving from the factory. Restored from a broken rusty heap to this mostly by Gunter Pfrommer in VA.

e

j

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Two more game guns from Ithaca. These are late 1920s NID Field grade guns. Their significance is that they are very rare 410s. Only 790 total NID guns made in 410. These are even rarer in their features. Both are ejector guns and both have extremely rare 28" barrels ( as opposed to 26" ). These two guns have serial numbers 3 digits apart and we're made on the same shop order. One was sold and shipped to the east coast and the other on the west coast, per the factory documentation. Over the course of about 7-8 years I found one in Seattle on a business trip and the other in North Carolina. These cost me about what a couple Wilson Supergrades run. I've hunted one of them avidly for quail,dove and pheasant every season I've owned it

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Another game gun. This is a A.H. Fox 12 gauge 28" AE (ejector) Grade made in the late teens. It too was found in bad shape and restored. The stock is made from a blank I got from an old friend that bought it 40+ years ago from Pachmyrs. The gun was restored about 10 years ago now. It has the original engraving from the factory. This past year, I took second or third in a small sxs tournament with it and one of the 410s above, where a 410 and any other gauge was required in the shoot.

·
Registered
35 Posts

List of work done to the pistol

25LPI hand checkered front strap with trigger guard being undercut

Ed Brown two piece magazine well (blended to match frame for easier reloads)

Dawson Precision adjustable Novak rear with a .1 wide dawson fiber optic front

Cylinder and Slide ultra light hammer and sear

STI titanium hammer strut

Wilson Combat extra wide single sided thumb safety

VZ EDC Frag carbon fiber grips

The finished product makes drilling an 8 inch wide steel plate at 50 yards easy with a smooth 3.5# trigger pull that breaks like a glass rod, the lock time is also incredible due to the ultra light weight cylinder and slide hammer and sear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How is that thing holding up for ya? Was offered CKarms, but couldnt find many vids on online. Any chance you could post a video? Thanks
I've only run a 1,000 rounds or so through it, and it's been great. I bought it used and the previous owner had run a couple thousand rounds through it as well. I also have a .40 very similar to this one that I've put around 5K rounds through it and it is flawless as well. The PVD finishes are amazing and hold up really well. I'll take some video next time I'm at the range. Anything in particular that you want to see?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Colt Gov't .45 used for CMP matches. Tuned by Jim Hoag years ago and re-accurized by Justin McMillan (former USAMU Armorer) in 2017. Machine rest group was with 185 grain Semi Wadcutter Jacketed Fed match, shot at 50 yards from a machine rest (10 shots).
Bob

81 - 98 of 98 Posts