1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gamers, we need you!. I'll be hosting a game of Half-Life on our new server this Saturday night at ~10:00PM Eastern. We will most likely be playing Day of Defeat mod for Half-Life. However, Counter-Strike and TFC are also possibilities. I want to put our new server through a vigorous stress test before moving the forums this weekend and I can't think of a better way :)

Server IP: 216.40.250.37

Jason

[This message has been edited by Jason (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Haven't tried Day of Defeat but I think I can hold my own in CS.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzzleblast,
Saturday's game will probably be public. If this is a success, 1911Forum will host a game every Friday/Saturday night. If we eventually get a steady stream of forum members who play, we'll close the server to the public and duke it out with each other

Jason

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll be there! I will doing a fresh install of XP and Half-life on my machine. Where can I get all the necessary patches and Mods to play with guys?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
hope I can see you guys there!

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
How will you ID the game server? Will it have 1911forum in the title? I would like to play on Saturday if possible for me. Thanks for a greast forum!

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd play, but I can't find my doggone Half-Life CD case with the key in it. I upgraded my PC and went to Windows 2000 last month and I just about tore my house apart looking for that one CD. I haven't been able to play Counter-STrike in a month!

------------------
~ ScorpioVI
http://tacticalpursuits.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by Ed:
I'm a Rouge Spear kinda guy.
I don't think you should use a spear to apply makeup. If we do a regular game, we should try the new Reaction Quake III, a new version of the infamous Action Quake II.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was playing Counter-strike (www.youngguns.org) but lately I been playing Return to Castle Wolfentstein.

PS whats the port # for the server?

[This message has been edited by Lupey (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, it looks like many of you favor Counter-Strike, so we'll play that first.

Server name will be "1911 CS 1.3" on standard port 27015. The server should be up sometime around 10PM Eastern Saturday.

If you need the latest version of HL (1108) or the Counter-Strike mod (1.3) go here:

http://www.redphive.org/files.php

See you guys there!

Jason

[This message has been edited by Jason (edited 12-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
"Firearms" is another cool Half-Life mod. You get to use a huge variety of realistic guns.

[This message has been edited by GI-45 (edited 12-08-2001).]

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
How about having a 1911-only mod? You can choose between the Kimber, Springfield, Colt, Wilson, etc. etc. etc. for your sidearm.

The only long gun you get is the Wilson carbine conversion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts