1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Very nice! I have large hands, and thicker grips feel better to me, and a magwell adds a little length to the grips and feels all that much better. I really like the color of your grips also.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks pretty good to me.

Ray

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've got a spare S&A magwell I'm debating (with myself) about putting it on my own Garrison. It's the blued, arched version, which I like a lot. I have another one on a Ruger SR1911T. I used them waybackwhen I shot IPSC, and they worked "just right" for me. I like your grips, but have decided to leave the issue grips on mine. I kinda like the skinny ones now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good Job, I like it!
Gives it a clean finished look.
Any plans for a front strap treatment?
Ive had one with a smooth front strap and I didnt care for it too much and had to fix it.
Going to add stick on rubberized texture.. like Talon style front strap..
Dont need to modify it unless someone wants to offer freebie front strap checkering.. lol

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Going to add stick on rubberized texture.. like Talon style front strap..
Dont need to modify it unless someone wants to offer freebie front strap checkering.. lol
I found a steel alternative from Wilson Combat I put on mine. It worked great. It fits under the grips. I had to put a small pin head size dab of silicone adhesive on its 4 corners under the grips to keep it in place while shooting. Loved it once I figured that out. I like it better than tape. Tape while functional just looks, well like tape lol.
You can look at em here, blue & stainless.

Installed on the old beater heater, not to awful and feels no different than the real deal in your hand and only 10 bucks...
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Material property

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm no fan of Springfield Armory (except for the original US government Springfield Armory), but, magwells (and magazines with a base pad to ensure positive loading) do make a huge difference in faster tactical combat reloading of hand guns. Oh, and I also prefer regular grips as opposed to thin grips. They give me a better grip purchase. But, that is simply personal preference.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Grips set it off. Magwell looks a-okay. If you like it that's all that matters.
👍

·
Super Moderator
13,824 Posts
My local store had a Garrison and I got to examine it. The gun was super tight for a factory gun. Not as tight as the Springfield Pro but very tight. I could understand someone new to tight 1911s might think something is broken.

The bluing was nice and dark, trigger was crisp, there was no rattle what so ever. The corners and edges were very sharp, Colt sharp. If it was mine, I would be dehorning the corners and edges. Overall, I think it's a lot of gun for the money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found a steel alternative from Wilson Combat I put on mine. It worked great. It fits under the grips. I had to put a small pin head size dab of silicone adhesive on its 4 corners under the grips to keep it in place while shooting. Loved it once I figured that out. I like it better than tape. Tape while functional just looks, well like tape lol.
You can look at em here, blue & stainless.

Installed on the old beater heater, not to awful and feels no different than the real deal in your hand and only 10 bucks...
View attachment 626844
Looks great.. thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts