1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Doesn't look bad for the price. But a straight drop Avenger prints really badly, & is difficult to draw from, at least for me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've used a holster of that design for years. It's a good all around holster, but if concealment is what you're going for it really isn't the best design. Unless you're concealing under a fairly heavy outer garment an IWB or a pancake style will be superior.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've used a holster of that design for years. It's a good all around holster, but if concealment is what you're going for it really isn't the best design. Unless you're concealing under a fairly heavy outer garment an IWB or a pancake style will be superior.
I'm getting ready to try this style when it arrives, the belt slide I have rides too high for me although it does conceal a govt model nicely.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I do not like the Avenger style as it does not hold the gun in as tight as a pancake. Accordingly, I don't own one, and own several pancake holsters for most of my concealed carry.

The Sparks I-BAK is one of my favorites, and the style I prefer.
Jerry

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I have an avenger from a custom guy here in Texas that retired. It is made from some cowhide that has a very soft quality, almost deer skin like. It rides as flat as many a pancake out there. I have another from a cookie cutter production place that is as thick as a cardboard box. All four sides of a cardboard box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts