1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Quick question about the current production (Gen2) Colt Series70 (reproduction) pistol.

They make it in a blued O1970A1CS
and a stainless O1070A1CS
version.

In Colt's technical spec sheet on their web site for the STAINLESS model
http://www.colt.com/Portals/0/Specs/2016/o1070A1CS.pdf
they specify:
Slide Material - Stainless Steel
Frame Material - Carbon Steel

This is CERTAINLY a typo isn't it?

Slide and frame both Stainless on this pistol... RIGHT?

Thanks for your help.

James

·
Premium Member
20,259 Posts
Last I heard Colt was dropping the stainless. No idea why, they sold much better than the blued version according to my friend with a gun shop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The Stainless is still listed on their web site.
My question remains.

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts
Both the slide and frame are stainless. It was obviously a typo. If it was carbon it would rust in no time as there's no finish on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both the slide and frame are stainless. It was obviously a typo. If it was carbon it would rust in no time as there's no finish on it.
If for no other reason, this is why I was assuming it HAD to be a typo.
But wondering if there m-i-g-h-t be some crazy thing going on that was above my paygrade, I just thought I'd run it by y'all to double check.

Thanks everyone.

James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anybody have an opinion on the Series 70 Reproduction? From what I've read of them, I'm starting to crave one. But, not having seen one or talked to anybody who has one, I'm still in the thinking about it stage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anybody have an opinion on the Series 70 Reproduction? From what I've read of them, I'm starting to crave one. But, not having seen one or talked to anybody who has one, I'm still in the thinking about it stage.
100% worth every cent! ($900-1100) IMHO

·
Registered
773 Posts
For the money, they are one of the best 1911s out there.

I bought one that had some good customizations done to it, and I have had a few more done as well.

As a base gun factory r a project, or in stock form, they are really good.

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts
Finding one for sale in the Seattle area is tough. I've seen less than a dozen for sale locally in all the years they've been available (since 2001). Normally I have to buy mine online and have them transferred via FFL. I've owned several over the years, with my oldest one dating from 2003 and the newest from 2015. For the first decade or so there would be the occasional finish or machining anomaly, but pretty much anything made in the past few years (with a 72B prefix) is good to go.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had an initial quality problem with mine, but it was quickly dealt with by Colt and is now my favorite gun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The blued ones are extremely hard to find around here. The stainless models are plentiful. Go to any major gun show in the DFW area and you will find at least 3 or 4 stainless models while the blued versions are very hard to find. The original 70 Series guns never came in stainless.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The blued ones are extremely hard to find around here. The stainless models are plentiful. Go to any major gun show in the DFW area and you will find at least 3 or 4 stainless models while the blued versions are very hard to find. The original 70 Series guns never came in stainless.
Same here in Bama. A few SS, yet to see one in blue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts