1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught the .45 bug a few months ago and bought an SA WWII model.

What I'm looking for now is a .45 by Colt that looks about as generic as the SA WWII model. Just model and serial # rollmarks, doesn't say "Government", or "MK IV", or the varied "U.S. Army" rollmarks, preferably parkerized, matte blue or black. Anything like that out there?

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cactus said:
Look for an older Colt 1991 prior to the roll mark change. They are matte finished and look very "military".
Thanks.

Been looking for something online that would specify a serial number range prior to the rollmark change. Haven't found anything yet. Got a resource or link?

·
Administrator
72,471 Posts
All the new features (new rollmark, polished flats, stainless barrel, wood grips) were phased in over time, so a specific serial range won't help. Basically, anything below #2800000 will probably be one with the old features. Above that it could be anything. My #2804XXX came with the new-rollmarked slide and stainless barrel, but the frame was matte and had the old grips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dsk said:
All the new features (new rollmark, polished flats, stainless barrel, wood grips) were phased in over time, so a specific serial range won't help. Basically, anything below #2800000 will probably be one with the old features. Above that it could be anything. My #2804XXX came with the new-rollmarked slide and stainless barrel, but the frame was matte and had the old grips.
Roger that.

Just read your article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts