1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir. Recently I obtained a used and slightly customized 1911. It passed all the standard function and safty checks one preforms on a used gun and the field strip inspection was unremarkable. Now I wish to your comments about Para-Ordinance hammers in an answer on "AD's with the safty on" [gm45 dated 8/13/01] to cornbread2 same date. Before firing the gun needed a down to the frame cleaning. It was then I found the strangist thing. The hammer is a bur-style like the older Colt's Commander on the top yet the sear engagment serfaces are notches. Two notches. It was a complete suprise. I have been tring to find the maker for some weeks with no luck. Now I believe it may be a PO hammer. What is there if anything I should know about the safty of this part in a Series 80 Colt? The sear is stock Colt and shows no sign of damage. The thumb safty is a Brown [roughly fitted] yet servicable. I am uneasy about the whole set up and am in need of guidance please. Teal Blue.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Hi Sir

I pulled a Para hammer out of one of the parts bins.

I think you are correct, para uses 2 wide notches one for the sear and one for a half cock of sorts. the notches are both .100 wide so you can check yours and see where it comes in?

I would encourage you to use a name brand aftermarket hammer on your gun.
geo ><>

[This message has been edited by George Smith (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Teal Blue, please email me off-line. (your email addy is not listed.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shane45-1911 I complied with your request. Sometimes the computer dose not send e-mail messages. If we didnot connect I will try again. Sorry, about posting in the area. Teal Blue.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Hey Teal, email received and sent back to you. No need to apologize for anything - your question was in the right place. My email to you is about something completely different!

PS - George, Teal Blue is a lady, not a "sir"!!!

[This message has been edited by shane45-1911 (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Woops, double tap.

[This message has been edited by shane45-1911 (edited 08-25-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts