1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but have found a wealth of information. I am picking up a Px9707L tomorrow morning, and know VERY little about 1911 pistols. Is there anything in particular I should look for? Thanks a lot, Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Welcome aboard! Is it new? If so, make sure there's no obvious scratches, etc , lube it and go shoot the bejesus out of it. I know that the doublestacks can be mag sensitive, but I''ve never owned one. Here's a link you may find helpful:
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=98616&highlight=PX9707L

Good luck and be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Just be sure to look it over first for obvious dings or blemishes. Rack the slide to make sure it works smoothly. Chances of finding something wrong with a new gun are slim, but sales are final so go through the motions anyway.

Be sure to field strip and lube before your first range session.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Congradulations on your new PX9707L - they are rather very rare theses days. SA stopped making the widebody in the configuration in 2005. So you have a pretty envious pistol. Depending on the date of manufacture it may have a 13rnd or a 10rnd mag. SA sells the hicap mags (13rounds) and you can get them with your loaded coupon.

I have a couple of them in your config. and they are really sweet shooters.

As the Marine said - field strip it. Clean it - and SHOOT IT - it should run just fine.

No after market grips for it!!!!

Besure to give us a complete range report.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got it, and am very pleased. It looks near new. The guy said he only put 2 mags thru it. It has a slight idiot mark from the slide lock, but thats it. It came with the manual, original warranty card, and coupons from the manufacturer. The lock is still new in the bag, and the test casing is still sealed. Here are some pics. Any idea what this would be worth? I traded for a G27 :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gun came with a factory 10 round mag, and 2 para mags that hold 14 rounds. There are slight handling marks on the park, but no scratches I can find. Does anyone know how to remove the marks? Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
LOOKS Great!!!

As for the scuffs. ummm you can try touching up with some cold blue. That is what I have done on mine and helps the overall look.

Or just accept it until it gets really scuffed up from use!!! Then get it refinished in like armor coating. :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts