1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided on the perfect companion piece for my Springfield MilSpec .45: a M1 Garand! Went and put one on layaway. I'll be shooting it by next week or shortly thereafter.

------------------

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't

·
Registered
331 Posts
Enjoy your Garand! Just in case no one else has warned you, Beware Of M1 Thumb!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Kevan,

Have fun! I had one, but liquidated it for some other priorities. And btw, this is one of the best sites on the net for info, parts, etc etc etc on Garands, as well as AR-15, M14 and M1 Carbines.
www.fulton-armory.com

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well, I decided on the perfect companion piece for my Springfield MilSpec .45: a M1 Garand! Went and put one on layaway. I'll be shooting it by next week or shortly thereafter.
Hey, I'm doing the reverse: buying a 1911 to compliment my Garand. Good choice.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, wouldn't it be interesting to have a WW2 firearms shoot? Competition in each category: M1 Garands, M1 carbines, M1911A1's, and so on. If you're ever up this way, GI-45, bring those weapons and we'll shoot.

------------------

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sounds good, Kevan. My family lives in AZ (Tucson), so if I ever find myself up north, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Well, how about this...

Each year, at the National Championships at Camp Perry Ohio, there is the John C. Garand match. I do not know the exact course of fire, except that M1's and carbines may be used. The range is 200 yards, I believe, and is fired offhand. The winner this year received a match Garand, bedded and with front end modification, with a Kreiger heavy stainless barrel (How's that for first place?)

For the other service rifles, AR15, and M14 (M1A), there are the High Power, and Long Range competitions.

And, for the Service Pistol (M1911A1), there is the National Pistol Championship, the President's Hundred match, and DCM matches, where the Service Pistol is used. Find out about these in detail at:
www.nra.org

and
www.odcmp.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts