1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a childish, immature rant that was posted in an unprofessional manner and when I was upset. I wish to recant it and I have nothing but praise for the Wilson staff and their product.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Yeah, I can see by your sig line you don't have anything to shoot:biglaugh:

You don't really expect consolation do you? LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts
No doubt, WC.
I feel your pain but man, look at all those girlfriends in your stable!
Go lay them all out in front of you and throw on "Heat" of something and have a drink. You should feel better then.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
No doubt, WC.
I feel your pain but man, look at all those girlfriends in your stable!
Go lay them all out in front of you and throw on "Heat" of something and have a drink. You should feel better then.
I thought they had to be Colt's to be in a stable?:scratch::rofl:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hate getting here late. I always love a good childish rant.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really trying to stay positive regarding my experience with Wilson right now, but I am really starting to wonder if the left hand has any idea what the right hand is doing over there right now. My only advice to anyone that special orders a gun from them is to check on the status of it on a regular basis. I have heard just about every excuse for a delay that you could think of, and each time it is a new excuse. i am keeping my fingers crossed, I'm just giving everyone a heads up to be sure to check in with them. Safe shooting :confused::scratch:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered a Tactical Supergrade with a bull barrel and standard barrel with bushing, and no front serrations the first week of July. I was told at the time the wait was around 20-24 weeks. I called at the first of December and was told that the start date for build was November 26 and it should be about 4 weeks from start date to completion. I called about the first week of January and was told just a few more days and it should be done. I called about a week later, spoke with Greg and I found out that they had been waiting on a bull barrel and it was going to be a few more days. Another phone call about a week later and Greg was unavailable. I was talking with Nick and he checked on it and said that they were having trouble sighting both barrels in on the fixed sites. He said they were working on an adjustable site that would fit into the same slide cut as the fixed site, so I told him that I understood and to go ahead and site it in for the bull barrel and when they got the adjustable site ready, I could send it back in. About a week later, I did another follow up, Greg was unavailable and I spoke with Matt. He said that it was to be test fired and sent out this past Monday and here we are, 11 weeks on a 4 week build, and still no gun. I understand that things happen, but I am not real happy with the lack of communication between their shop, their sales department and me, the customer. I love their product and maybe I'm picky, but I expect better communication from a business that gets as much as they do for their product. The purpose of this post is not to drag Wilson over the coals, but to let people know that it might be wise to do consistent follow-up on ordered items, as they have not been pro-active with my order.

·
Super Moderator
13,554 Posts
The purpose of this post is not to drag Wilson over the coals, but to let people know that it might be wise to do consistent follow-up on ordered items, as they have not been pro-active with my order.
On that note, thanks for your information, let other potential buyer beware of possible snags. Nothing else to see here. This is done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.