1911Forum banner

Getting ready to order reloading outfit, HELP!

542 22
OK, I'm taking the plunge here. I'm getting ready to order a Lee Pro 1000 for .45ACP and 1000 bullets from Precision, since I like the idea of the moly coating for less $$$ than FMJ. What is the advantage of going with a 200RN grain over a 230RN grain bullet? Were talking about target practice/plinking here. No competetion, no defensive use. One of my .45's has the shorter barrel, so I was thinking about the 200 grain for less recoil. Your thoughts?? BTW, cannot afford to go with a Dillon 550, so it's going to be the Lee 1000.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Bullets:
200gr bullets have less recoil and a little faster velocity. I shoot 200gr exclusively because I'm more accurate with the less recoil. I reload my rounds to match the recoil of 200gr Federal EFMJ +P's that shoot really nice with surprisingly little recoil. (950 FPS out of 4" barrel.)

Presses:

I bought a Lee Turret press and have been extremely happy with it. For beginners and advanced reloaders, it offers control over every step in the reloading process. You can use it as a single stage, or a semi-progressive. Another big benefit is that you can switch out entire turrets seated with different caliber dies and save time when reloading multiple calibers. The turret press is what I recommend to every beginner because it is what I wish I would have started with.

------------------
If you don't mind being where you are, you are not lost.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.