1911Forum banner

Getting ready to order reloading outfit, HELP!

548 22
OK, I'm taking the plunge here. I'm getting ready to order a Lee Pro 1000 for .45ACP and 1000 bullets from Precision, since I like the idea of the moly coating for less $$$ than FMJ. What is the advantage of going with a 200RN grain over a 230RN grain bullet? Were talking about target practice/plinking here. No competetion, no defensive use. One of my .45's has the shorter barrel, so I was thinking about the 200 grain for less recoil. Your thoughts?? BTW, cannot afford to go with a Dillon 550, so it's going to be the Lee 1000.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the Square deal is also out of my price range. I have a partial Lee 1000 a friend gave me from his reloading days years back. But it is missing too many parts, and is cheaper to buy another one from Midway for $121. I have figured out the mechanics of the Lee, and it doesn't seem to complicated to figure out. But then again, some of us have to learn the hard way.

· Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Maybe I don't have to learn the hard way. I did notice in the instructions that they warn against using other brands of primere than CCI and Winchester. Maybe that should clue me in to something? If I hold out a few more weeks I guess I could go with a Dillon 550, since that was my first thinking. Now who has the best price on the 550? Should I go with Dillon direct? I heard something about warranty problems if it was bought through a dealer instead of them. Someone listed a dealer in NC that had them for for less than $300 delivered, but I tried a search and could not find anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.