1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Congratulations for joining the world of reloading. If you are only reloading .45 or only handgun cartridges, Might I suggest the Dillon Square deal B? It comes factory direct set up in the caliber you select ready to go. I started out with a Square deal and now have a 1050. My friends that have lee products have had nothing with headaches and heartaches. I have no personal knowlege with lee myself, and harbor no ill will to lee, I use quite a bit of their products. You will be able to sell the square deal on this website easily if you dont like it, either.
As for the bullets, I have used precision bullets and they are great. If you are punching holes in paper the 200 gr hg68 type swc will be the best, since it has sharp shoulders that will have a sharp edge when it hits the paper. Might I suggest a case gauge in your caliber that you are reloading so you will know that your rounds will chamber. This will save you some time and aggravation. Good luck in your endeavors. DC

------------------
front sight is good, front sight is good!

· Registered
420 Posts
ScottsGT, been there and done that on a tight budget. If you do decide to get the LEE press DO NOT EVER use federal primers in it! I know two guys that are experienced reloaders and shooters that did not heed the warning and loaded federals. Both had the tray of primers go off and thankfully didnt loose their eyesight, but pulled fragments out of their face for weeks. Talked to another guy at a major match, great shooter, same thing, got a nasty scar on his face. Dont know if that model has the same priming system or not, if it has a tray that moves everytime you pull the handle Buy the really good hand primer that Lee makes. My friends also have to replace parts every year on their press due to breakage, wear, etc. Get what you can afford, but if you can afford to wait........Good luck, reloading is fun, why , I think I will go down and fire up the 1050, it is my day off of course! DC

------------------
front sight is good, front sight is good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.