1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a fit of insanity a few years agao I bought a Hi-Point carbine. Had nothing but trouble with it. It fit into the category of "Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy".

Also had an SKS that couldn't hit a paper plate qt 100 yards. Always thought I'd be scummy to pass this off on someone else.

Yesterday I found someone who was told all of the problems (went right over his head), yet insisted that I sell him these two guns. In one stroke I got rid of my last two "dogs".

Bought a NEF 45-70, all the supplies for loading a new caliber, factory ammo, and still have enough left over to pay for my anniversary dinner. I'm also at teh stage where I no longer have any guns that make me feel stupid (for buying them) when I look at them.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
What's wrong with the Kimbers?

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

·
Registered
20 Posts
i looked at one of the hipoints back when they came out.first thing i noticed was the thin plastic mag well which flexed easily side to side when i picked it up.i passed but fell victim to a small .22 automatic.the dealer probably thought i was easy prey and had "sucker" written all over my face.was cheap and flashy,ended up in my burn barrel.i have a russian made sks that shoots very reliably and can hit clay pigeons regularly at 100 yds.i guess there are lemons in every make.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If you informed him of some of the problems, and he still purchased the guns, then he should have left a happy consumer. American commerce at its best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts