1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like highly figured grips, maybe most grip makers feel like they will be stuck with them and they will not sell, IDK.

So I started collecting scales, mostly off of Etsy, and sent them to Jon at High Figure Grips. Not only did he profile them perfectly, they are all slims, but he killed the finish.

I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like highly figured grips, maybe most grip makers feel like they will be stuck with them and they will not sell, IDK.

So I started collecting scales, mostly off of Etsy, and sent them to Jon at High Figure Grips. Not only did he profile them perfectly, they are all slims, but he killed the finish.

I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 603613
Wow, I’m jealous!

·
Registered
8 Wilsons, 4 Infinitys, 2 Alchemys, 1 Nighthawk
476 Posts

I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 603613
You, Sir, have great taste in grips. Very nice collection and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are some nice looking grips. Best part is they don't have that overrated, completely unnecessary checkering.
I'm glad you said that because I don't feel checkering makes a gun feel any more secure/stable than a checkered grip, if it's properly checkered (and I don't mean scallops and scales) I think it's pretty secure.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have some beautiful lumber there!
Thanks, I just couldn't find what I wanted, if I saw another set of Desert Ironwood or Maple Burl I was going to puke.

I then stumbled across scales for sale on Etsy and picked up a couple dozen with no real plan. Then I reached out to several well known grips makers and they were all like "sure, I'll do that, no problem" and an idea was born to just get what I wanted...

Reactions: jrgreene1968

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm glad you said that because I don't feel checkering makes a gun feel any more secure/stable than a checkered grip, if it's properly checkered (and I don't mean scallops and scales) I think it's pretty secure.
I used to buy that BS about checkering is needed to give you a better purchase/grip. Until I bought a pair of smooth Pau Ferro grips for my S&W model 657 stainless .41 magnum. Not only do smooth grips feel much better than checkered grips, they look better. And even with .41 magnum I do not miss the original checkered grips, nor do my hands slip with the smooth wood.

My 657

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Man, those are fantastic! Can you share who you bought from... i've looked on etsy and not seen those!

What are the top 2 right, top left and bottom 2 left material? Absolutely stunning!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.