1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Do they shoot these for ammo?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/0c/e4/a7/0ce4a7ceb022e3ab0480437a449f34b6--*******-party-camo-party.jpg

Sorry, but every time I hear about "Ghost Guns" I think of the "Ghost Poop/Snowman Poop" shooting guns that shoot the small marshmallows.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I know I will get a bunch of crap for this since my stand on serializing 80% lowers, there are reasons for some restrictions in society. I am not saying that we need draconian Dumbocrap restrictions, but since lowers are restricted to those that are sane, and do not have felonious intensions and are serialized, that 80% lowers should be as well. This would allow those intending to build weapons to criminals or acts to be traced. Back to my original argument on a past posting where paranoia was the main argument against it. A car has a serial number, a lawnmower has a serial number, your kid’s tricycle has a serial number. Yes tricycles are not used to murder people, but they are not as deadly as a rifle or 1911. Do you want sleazeball anarchist with an ability to finish an 80% lower sell finished weapons to a murderer with a record barring them from owning a gun. This is one of the main reasons we conceal carry. But by serializing 80% lowers not only does the guy pulling the trigger is implicated but the original purchaser of the lower can be questioned or lokked at why they sold or built a gun for the perp, otherwise, it will continue like it is where the unknown sleazbag continues to supply weapons like a heroine pusher.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know I will get a bunch of crap for this since my stand on serializing 80% lowers, there are reasons for some restrictions in society. I am not saying that we need draconian Dumbocrap restrictions, but since lowers are restricted to those that are sane, and do not have felonious intensions and are serialized, that 80% lowers should be as well. This would allow those intending to build weapons to criminals or acts to be traced. Back to my original argument on a past posting where paranoia was the main argument against it. A car has a serial number, a lawnmower has a serial number, your kid’s tricycle has a serial number. Yes tricycles are not used to murder people, but they are not as deadly as a rifle or 1911. Do you want sleazeball anarchist with an ability to finish an 80% lower sell finished weapons to a murderer with a record barring them from owning a gun. This is one of the main reasons we conceal carry. But by serializing 80% lowers not only does the guy pulling the trigger is implicated but the original purchaser of the lower can be questioned or lokked at why they sold or built a gun for the perp, otherwise, it will continue like it is where the unknown sleazbag continues to supply weapons like a heroine pusher.
Were I a felon, instead of a good guy, I'd never go to the trouble of completing an 80 lower; too much trouble when they're relatively easy to steal.

For the record, you can build your own car as well.

Oh and,

Heroine:

Heroin:

;):p

• Haha
Reactions: Faulkner

·
Registered
4,499 Posts

Lawnmowers, tricycles, etc., aren't outlined in the Constitution. As well, criminals are going to obtain firearms no matter what the law says. After all, they're lawbreakers.

Reactions: Faulkner

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Well tracing a serialized weapon back to who sold it last or who owned it last is sort of like, too late and too little, as the perpetrator has already used it to commit his/her crimes. A unserialized weapon doesn't help law enforcement any after the fact either. With ATF selling hundreds of serialized weapons to the drug cartels, it sort of kills off the entire serial number thing. Anyway as far as I can tell, a serial number only helps the lawyers to determine who to sue in the end. Most criminals get stolen guns, so the actual owner needs to report it of course. Gun stores seems to be the latest way to get guns, they break in with a smash and grab all they can and run for it. Of course in Chicago the thieves like to hit the train cars and steal the guns out of the train cars no less.

Lately it is the gun store that tells the law enforcement if they sold a gun to someone who used it to commit a crime. Law enforcement doesn't really have the resources anymore to trace a gun. Thus using the serial number winds up being a waste of time for the most part for law enforcement. Only the gun manufacturer uses it for warranty or recall purposes.

So basically the serial numbers only benefit the government should they, one day, decide to start confiscating guns. They will likely have to have a gun registration scheme running for it though. But I guess they really do keep the records even if the law says they can't. I remember the FBI going after more than 4000 people to turn in their guns or else recently. So they are keeping records.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I ONLY wish so called "Ghost Guns" were around when New Jersey had it's turn in your permit to buy a handgun paperwork and then wait at least twelve months before you hear anything policy. :rolleyes:

You guys who live in States where the local Police operate in a half snappily matter are spoiled. :mad:

Didja Officers hear anything yet on the paperwork I turned in 13+ months ago? :mummy:

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
... serialized, that 80% lowers should be as well. This would allow those intending to build weapons to criminals or acts to be traced.
Tracing will only work if those serial numbers are on a register somewhere. How do you force those intending to break the law, to follow the law?

Morons making guns with the intention of selling them to those who are not allowed to buy them, are criminals. Criminals are not required to provide evidence that would aid in their conviction.

Unless someone has a manufacturer's FFL they cannot legally make guns intended for sale. End of story.

Expecting that guns made and intended to be sold illegally would be given legitimate serial numbers takes a special kind of faith. That faith may stem from some kind of moral superiority; but it would also seem more than just a little naive.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Tracing will only work if those serial numbers are on a register somewhere. How do you force those intending to break the law, to follow the law?

Morons making guns with the intention of selling them to those who are not allowed to buy them, are criminals. Criminals are not required to provide evidence that would aid in their conviction.

Unless someone has a manufacturer's FFL they cannot legally make guns intended for sale. End of story.

Expecting that guns made and intended to be sold illegally would be given legitimate serial numbers takes a special kind of faith. That faith may stem from some kind of moral superiority; but it would also seem more than just a little naive.
Also criminals don't care if they are registered or not. They use stolen guns. Very easy for them to pick up. They are not registered to them either.

I don't see many of the non-serial numbered guns being made to be sold or made for illegal purposes. Stealing guns takes less effort. Criminals like using as little effort as possible.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
So we regulate 80% lowers. Do we regulate 60% lowers? How about raw forgings? Milling machines? 3D printers? Blueprints????????

We've raised a nation of folks willing to kneel and ask permission...

Larry

·
Registered
234 Posts
To get around all the 80 or 60 percent any gun just pass a law stating that any gun / weapon built/produced will have to be recorded with the BATF. They could just do that as they did with the machine guns is the thirties. Anyone who does not is in possession of a illegal weapon. No citizen that follows the law will want to be found guilty of a federal felonious offense punishable of say ten or twenty years in the slammer with a 100000.00 fine attached to it. Thats how it could be done if the demons get back in office. It's just a matter of when and control both houses. It's been that way in the near past not long ago.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Sounds like you believe all guns and owners should be registered. :scratch:

·
Registered
248 Posts
No. It's never a good bargain to trade liberty for "security." Criminals aren't building guns. They're stealing them, buying them on the black market, being "gifted" them from friends/family, or using straw purchases. No laws have any tangible affect on the supply. Law abiding citizens should not have to ask permission to buy or build guns/ammo, nor should their personal inventory ever be registered at any level.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Oh they buy them most guns in the hands of gangbangers from Chicago come from clean bangers taking a trip down to Tennessee. They buy a trunk full and sneak them back to Chicago. You can find a bust in Mt Vernon a couple times a month detailing this. So saying all criminal’s gun are stolen are ridiculous. When the ATF gets off their butts and tracks down the scofflaws another takes their place.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts